Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally broke open the checkbook and bought a sled, a Ski-Doo MXZ 800 RER. I'm a speed freak(driving patrol cars for a living causes this) so I had to go with a big CC engine but before buying mine I hadnt been on anything bigger than a 440 (many years ago). After my break-in chip "popped" and it gave me full throttle, I was amazed at how fast it was. My dad bought an '02 Yamaha Viper 700 and my friend just bought an '02 Polaris 800. (No we're not drug dealers!! hehe) We had an opportunity to swap sleds during a ride last week and both my friend and my dad we amazed at how much faster the MXZ was then theirs. I was happy to hear this since I really didnt do much research before I bought it..Nothing like an impulse buy for $7200 hehe. Anyways, I look forward to riding an Artic Cat around the same CC to see how things match up. As a side note, I will say my dads Viper corners like its on rails compaired to mine but there are never enough corners for him..hehehe WHAT AN AWESOME SPORT!!!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
does ur MX Z have the dual carbides on it? i think w/ those it should corner better than the viper, but i dont know. congrats on buying an awsome sled, and i wish u many years of fun in this sport!

Ready to Ride...NEED SNOW!!!!!!...if you have snow, i hate you...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Way coool, mist8cop. Congrats on the new sled. Yep, it's an awesome sport. And addictive too. Everytime I finish a ride, I'm already thinking about the next one. Can't get enough! Have fun on your new ride.

We don't care what you ride. Just ride!
<a href="http://home.gci.net/~sidekick1/snowstart.htm">My Snowmachine Site</a>
'02 550 SuperSport
'02 700 RMK

·
Registered
3 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by mist8cop:

Well, I finally broke open the checkbook and bought a sled, a Ski-Doo MXZ 800 RER. I'm a speed freak(driving patrol cars for a living causes this) so I had to go with a big CC engine but before buying mine I hadnt been on anything bigger than a 440 (many years ago). After my break-in chip "popped" and it gave me full throttle, I was amazed at how fast it was. My dad bought an '02 Yamaha Viper 700 and my friend just bought an '02 Polaris 800. (No we're not drug dealers!! hehe) We had an opportunity to swap sleds during a ride last week and both my friend and my dad we amazed at how much faster the MXZ was then theirs. I was happy to hear this since I really didnt do much research before I bought it..Nothing like an impulse buy for $7200 hehe. Anyways, I look forward to riding an Artic Cat around the same CC to see how things match up. As a side note, I will say my dads Viper corners like its on rails compaired to mine but there are never enough corners for him..hehehe WHAT AN AWESOME SPORT!!![/quote]
Text[/font=Impact][purple]Text[/purple][purple]Text[/purple]

Hollywood

·
Registered
3 Posts
Text[/font=Impact][purple]Text[/purple]Congrats on your best purchase ever. I have an 01 MXZX and absolutely love it. Just got it back from the speed shop an am stoked to get it out with the new twin pipes, v-force reeds, heads, clutch kit and porting done. Will be heading up to WI this weekend, sure hope there is enuf sno! Later!

Hollywood

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Hollywood,
I am in wisconsin and there is no snow or any trails open and im in north eastern wi. only place ive been able to ride is on the lake
bobby

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
even the UP of Michigan doens't have good snow. In SE wi it's all gone, again!

·
Registered
322 Posts
That is a nice sled man. My dad has the X 800 black and yellow. That thing kicks ass!!!! And it is faster than hell too!!!! If you guys think that he is lyin about it bein so fast, think again. Our 2002 is way faster than our 2001, and my dad has beat many guys on their XC's and ZR's, even with weight and horsepower disadvantages. (When I say weight I mean my dad, not the sled. He's a big guy.) Not to insult anyone, but I really think that the 800 MX Z just may be the fastest 800 twin out there from what I have seen.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I don't know where you are from but anytime you would like to try a ZR mine is always availible. Oh and by the way, nice sled! What color did you get?

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

Edited by - intendedacceleration on 13 Feb 2002 08:38:48

·
Registered
278 Posts
Congrats on the sled. That sled does fly! Last Wednesday there were two guys racing in the UP on Lake Gogebic, one on an 02 MXZ800 and the other on an 01 ZR800. They raced a number of times, for about a 1000', the sleds were pretty equal, out of 6 races I think they split 3 each. I ran once against them both, did'nt do so well, by the time I touched the throttle they were both 2 or 3 sled lengths ahead of me. (slow reaction time on my part). I stayed about that distance behind them and just started to gain some ground about 100mph, that's when they backed off and turned around.
The ZR900 totally blew all the stock sleds away, it was no competion for the 800 twins.

2001 ZL800
Delta IIs
Power Breather
MBRP Silencer
Coupling Kit
Goodwin Clutch Kit

Creek beds don't make good brakes!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts