Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here she is a 1996 XCR 600 sp with 950 miles. Its a bit dirty because i did a little riding in the bit of snow we got.
/snofan/../images/users/93coty/xcr600sp1.JPG

/snofan/../images/users/93coty/xcr600sp3.JPG

·
Registered
287 Posts
Cool. I'll try not to hold the fact that it's a Polaris against ya...

1998 Arctic Cat Cougar
1999 Arctic Cat Z 440
1995 Ski Doo Formula STX LT

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It did alright, you can tell its a big sled but it really picks up when it does get moving.

----------------------------------------------------93coty = my car 1993 motor trend Car Of The Year - Ford Probe GT

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got a 1996 XCR, but it's not an SP. It is my first sled too. You've ridden it ya say? How'd you like it? I haven't had a chance to ride mine much.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice Sled!! I have a 96 XCR 600 as well and I love it. Haven't been able to ride much...lacking in some white stuff... but it went really good on the grass track.. couldnt resist. Let me know how u like it, and what ya have done to it.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
For a first sled, that sure is nice.

I also used to own a 1996 XCR 600 (not SP) and overall I had alot of fun on it. I recommend installing plastic skis, they helped alot on that machine. Saves you about 12 lbs. too! Do your own clutching or get a clutch kit. Keep your carbs synchronized, as it helps with throttle response. My machine was completely stock; except for skis, and i could keep up to most of the newer 600 twins, especially on the lake because i had a higher top speed. You just can't beat the sweet sound of a tripple.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it already has plastic ski's. I'm not sure what else will be done to it. Havent rode it a whole lot just a little bit so I havent got a real good feel for the sled quite yet.

----------------------------------------------------93coty = my car 1993 motor trend Car Of The Year - Ford Probe GT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts