Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a 1974 ski-doo tnt 440. It had duel carbs..and it ripped....it beat my dads 1994 polaris indy 440 across the lake and both sleds were fan cooled..it was a fast 440 but i had to get rid of it becouse it was giving me a head ache so then i bought my polaris indy 500....anyways...here is some pics of it.../snofan/../images/users/fassell_man/75tnteve440e.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Originally posted by Fassell_man
[br]Here was my dads first sled...hahahah 1972 tnt 340 /snofan/../images/users/fassell_man/72tnt400fa.jpg
My second sled was a '72 TNT 340 just like the one on the left. I blew the motor and put a 440 in it. Man that thing was fun. I've actually been looking for another one for a few years to restore - I wish I had kept mine...

My first sled was an early '70's Elan 250... [:D] That thing would go ANYWHERE!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Mine was a early 70s skidoo nordic 399, it was fun at the time but it isnt anymore..

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
my fisrt sled was a 78 skidoo tnt 440. only ran for 4 days then she went poof[:(]

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Mine was a 1973 Yamaha 292 one lunger.. The carb was in a box directly between you legs --- ball breaker!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine was a 1970 Johnson Challenger 380 "Orange Bomb". Motor between your legs and when sitting it looked like you were riding a chopper! [:D]

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Mine was a used, but cherry (when I got it), '69 AMF Ski-Daddler one lunger.

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/ski daddler.jpg

The rear grab handle swung down and was also the sleds track stand. Still the greatest sledding invention of all time, IMO. Blaze orange hood was also a nice touch. My older brother got the AMF Mark IV 440cc, which was the fastest sled on the block for a few years.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
The first one I drove was a nicle little colt. A 250 I think.

·
Registered
802 Posts
The first sled I ever rode was a 1979 Arctic Cat Lynx. It was the faster twin model.[:D]
The first sled I ever owned was a 1998 EXT 600.

·
Registered
352 Posts
this is the first sled i owned....wait a min....its the ONLY sled i have owned!!! lol

For now it is plenty of sled....in a year or so i might get something bigger...but for now the old ExciterII will do.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
the first sled i drove was a yamaha bravo. it would go pretty good for a 250...then i jumped to a xcr 600 sp with 680 cyls..it sure was a bit to get used to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The first sled I rode was a 1972 Rupp 250 one-banger, with the carb located right in front of the seat(made working on the carb a cinch). It had a bogie-wheel rear suspension setup which was good for a whopping 1.5" of travel. As I vaguely remember, it also had a decent appetite for sparkplugs. It was my brother's sled; after a couple of years he traded it in for a Rupp 340 twin, and eventually acquired a 74 AC Puma (still gathering rust at my parent's place in VT)

I just acquired a 96 Polaris XCR600 SP with 3100 miles on the odo. After almost 20 years w/o a sled, I am definitely looking forward to cruisin' the trails again.

·
Registered
133 Posts
my first sled was a hand me down from my dad it was a yamaha gp 643. i cant remember the year but i thought it was the best.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
the first sled i ever drove was a rupp when i was very young,the first sled i ever owned was a 97 polaris spx680 and now my 03 polaris sks 700

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The first sled i ever rode was a 1972 ski-doo tnt 340.....that thing was fast for a 340 but it was so tippy i didnt like it

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
First sled I drove was a 1980 Yamaha Enticer 250 (it's in the machine shed)

First sled I owned was a 1990 Arctic Cat Jag 440 (then went Polaris...)

G

·
0 Posts
Mine was a 1962 Polaris Mustang. I till have it today. It came with an 8HP 4 stroke engine and a 2 speed gearbox. I got it out aobut 10 years ago and took a short ride on it. That was enough.

D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts