Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad picked me up on Friday night and we went to Alpena where it poured until about 4 o'clock on Saturday. Right after the rain cut off it started to snow like a MOFO!!! But for most of Saturday I helped my dad out cuz we had to put our stock helixes back in our 600 and 800 Adrenaline cuz the roller secondary helixes were shot. One had about 6000 miles on it. But we put them back together and they worked fine. In fact our Adrenaline used to be not very snappy, so my dad adjusted the clickers from 2 to 3 and now that thing is real snappy.

Sunday we were gonna go to the snowcross in Gaylord but had some other stuff to do. We did that and then we went on a REALLY short ride up to the local bar (about a 1/2 mile away). There wasn't much snow but oh well, enough to cover the ground. So then we went in this field that had quite a bit of snow and a ton of hills. There was this one hill with a nice steep face (not too steep) and was about 12 feet up. Flew at that thing and caught some really nice air. Then there was a bunch of other hills too. We headed back across stated and stopped in Gaylord to see if we could catch the last bit of the snowcross. Got there and the damn place was empty!!! Turns out that the race was cancelled for visibility, but the AC team was out there testing. The Ski-Doo trailer was trying to get out but it was stuck, so my dad told me to go to his truck and get his CAT key. He started up a nearby DE6 machine and pulled the guy out. He said that if he got yelled at they would have to give him $1000 off his new REV and the guy laughed. But they let us in the trailer to look at the sleds cuz he helped them out and we took a look at the REV. That things seating position is really comfortable, and the thing looks pretty damn sweet up close.

Sorry that was so long, I just thought it was kinda cool that my dad got to pull the Ski-Doo trailer and we got to see the REV up close.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
That is a cool story!! That field with the hills sounded like a lot of fun! That would have been awesome to see the new REV up close like that, is your dad planning on buying a REV soon?

'99 Arctic Cat Powder Special 600

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I know a guy who rode the REV. it was one they were showing and not suppossed to let ppl ride but the dealership let some ppl ride it. The guy loved it. He is in the market for a new sled and is really really thinking about the REV. Only thing is rumor has it you hit your knees on the dash often. And like the Firecat it needs those cruising pegs like harleys and other bikes have to you can stretch your legs out when you are just cruisin.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea it was pretty cool. What I forgot to put was that we also went inside the Team Arctic trailer....they were testing. That thing probly costs 200 grand!!! But we got to meet Kirk Hibbert, TJ Gulla, and Aaron Sheele. Got their autographs and stuff. And yea, my dad is plannig on getting a REV. He already put money down on a black 800 X. He also went to a show where he got to look at them really really good and said that he can't wait to get one. But the seat position on those things is comfortable...they are gonna be a real nice sled.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts