Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright here it is....Its only 99% done, still need mountain bar,custom coolant cover, and some cosmetic stuff. I didn't get a chance to buff it, wax it and things since it was -9 in garage last night! I will post more pic's of the project once its done done!!! But here are 3 just in case you were thinking I was lying about my project! Maiden voyage will be tomorrow at 9:00 am, hope it works!
Well the maiden voyage went very well, 100 troule free ditch banging miles in oakes north dakota. Amazing ride, like everyone else has said its a whole different ballgame compared to the edge, the first 30 miles was tough getting used to it, but after that it rocked. Like one would expect, jumping was amazing, could have jumped all day long, handles awesome in the air! Had a couple small exhaust leaks, that eventually fixed themselves but made a little mess but that can be cleaned! The clutching was a bit off as expected, but should have that fixed shortly (madcow). I even managed to run it out of gas (darn 8 gallon tank, at one stop I only added one of my back 1.3 gallon tanks, should have added two) It handled good, but like others have said it is a bit hard to turn, and dove a little in the very limited powder i did find. (need shorter spindles,which are in the works. i'm going to give it a few more miles before i drop more $$$ into spindles) Overall i was very happy with the project, need more miles and more for more accurate evaluation. Thanks for all comments, and yes it will be at the fourm ride completely finished!
[attachment=55796]
[attachment=55797]
[attachment=55798]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Good job, I like the all black look myself! Even the gas tanks, nice. Around here the gas station owner would not let you fill the tnak unles sit was orange. I got into a squirmish last year because I wanted to put Kero in a yellow tank. They said only blue...bastards. Nice sled though!

·
Registered
191 Posts
nice job man...like the hood graphic great job

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thats really nice, I like the white on black. is the white powder coating?

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
Nice work...I am quite envious!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Looks real nice!

As someone previously stated, you will probably have a problem with the black gas cans. Technically it is illegal to have gas in any other color container than red/orange.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Damn I really like how you powder coated those rails white to match the skis. I wouldn't change anything.

·
Registered
999 Posts
That has to be the most beautiful sled I have ever seen, you did a great job. Congrats.

·
Super Moderator
11,281 Posts
Looks Awesome! YOu will have to give us a review after you ride it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
GREAT job Darin!! Give us the report after your ride.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
shes deffinately a keeper!!!! the hood looks way to nice to scratch up with off trail riding.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts