1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[galleryattach=13894][galleryattach=13895][galleryattach=13896]
This is what we have been working on for the last week or 2

15 inches of vertical travel.
The concept is simialer to an EZ-RYDE suspension but it has its differences.

thats a 136" track, the tunnel will be extended soon. Im already in the process of making one for my skidoo.
[galleryattach=8829]

Tell me what you guys think!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
that almost seems like too much travel for the sled, but hey, if it works good then go for it

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Looks good but it also looks tipsy and how will that make the front end work...like mad ski pressure or what? Did you do anything with the front?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
looks to me like its being held up by a chain????

·
Registered
252 Posts
why did u move the mounting forward by like 6 inches wow I'm happy i didn't do that to my sled my friends would probably call it swiss cheese for those xtra holes in the tunnel owell hope u enjoy

·
Registered
31 Posts
While the idea is cool, I'm guessing you'll have a roll over in your first turn. Big air, straight line jumping sled, well that's what it looks like it would be good for to me. Maybe you could film your first trip out. You can also take off the no fat chicks bumper sticker now...LOL Good luck with it. This should be interesting.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
wow, thats very....unique. hope all your calcualtions are correct or your gonna destroy some parts the first time you bottom it out! better have a diveshaft, chaincase, and other misc. parts on standby. seen too many attempts at custom suspensions fail. not saying yours is going to. as long as youre having fun doing what you do! but im curious too. why the chainfall! and clean up that damn shop, its a disaster! how do you work in those conditions?
keep us posted

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
haha your not gonna make it very far in the powder. yah like polarisnut said please film your first ride. your gonna bottom the front shocks when ever you hit any jump unless you add more to the front.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The suspension preload will be setup so it is close to normal ride hieght with a person on it, the down travel that we will have is important for comfort in high speed whoops and bumps.

Ski pressure will be fully adjustable with front shock spring rate's and limiter straps.

It keeps the track at perfect tension throughout the entire stroke of the suspension also.

As far as how it should perform in powder, the attack angle is decreased significantly from a stock sled, so it should perform excellent in powder.

Don't worry, we have big plans for the front end for a long travel setup

Within the next week we will post more pics at ride hieght, and hopefully if we get some snow, some footage of it in action also.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
glad to hear, sounds like youve done some homework. good luck wiith it. its always fun to see others projects. hope it all works out for ya. keep us informed.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
how about some decent pics not from a camera phone [:D] Hows it sit without being held up with a chain?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its actually not suspended by the hoist. The picture just makes it look that way. Sorry about the confusion.

·
Registered
284 Posts
good luck hooking up, your track is going to spin like a bastard....you basically eliminated all weight transfer....and cornering with that thing is going to be brutal....i know this bc i did it to my XC, i didn't to as extensive as you are but i imagine it will be worse for you

·
Registered
219 Posts
ya i was wondering the same thing about it without the chainfall

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ProRacer, You made a custom long travel suspension for your sled also?

We will have all the wieght transfer we will ever want, with fully adjustable limiter straps, spring rates, and shock positions, also, the sled will NOT be sitting as high as it is in the pictures, the pictures show the suspension 100% topped out. This is still mock-up stage in the build, so the pictures are just giving an idea of what the final product will be.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[attachment=54411]
A little progress on the ski-doo, 3-4 more days these things will be ready to roll.

The footage if the suspension in action is coming soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
i just cant wait to see em ridin there gonna look pretty coll.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts