looks good

·
Registered
901 Posts
looks good.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I love that style sled. That chassi is the only cat that really caught my eye and the 440 sno pro just gives me that twinkle in the eye. Im die hard ski-doo fan but I looked around Northern Wi for a yr for a 98-99 cat sno pro like that and came up dry every time. Makes me wanna sell my mxz and look around again.

·
Registered
690 Posts
im a polaris man but i brought my brother-in-laws sled last year, his fanatic name is forbess, he sold me his 96 z 440 it was pretty peppy i know it's nothing like the sno pro but it is the same style and i think it is the same motor but i sold it because i couldn't stand having a arctic cat in the barn but i kinda miss it, nice sled, i wouldn't mind having a sno pro to jump with

·
Registered
97 Posts
WOW that's low mileage, you'll love your new sled, lets see a pic of the engine bay. Here's my Z440 SNO PRO engine pic...[galleryattach=13887]

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill get some later today as its early as heck and there is no light out there.The engine bay isnt as nice as yours but its pretty damn clean under there. i mean hell the pipe on mine still has the factory coating on it. BTW what kind of pipe is that on your sled. it looks different from mine

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Nice looking 440. Was it raced or just had the number put on it..

·
Registered
721 Posts
nice sled .. too bad theres no snow

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes it was raced thats what the numbers were from. well heres some engine pics

[attachment=55258]
[attachment=55259]
[attachment=55260]

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
It made a big difference on my sled better acceleration and throttle response a little more top end also. Here's whats done to my engine:
Exhaust ports have been polished & raised BIG time.
Heads have been milled 0.027 Thou
Anything that air hits has been machined to a sharp edge.
Ignition timing advanced by 5 degrees from stock.
I run on 94 octane gas.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i was told not to run anything lower then 93 octane with my sled from the previous owner.Where did you find your pipe and where can i get 1? i want all i can get out of this sled for this winter till i turn it into a frankenstien next year

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
hey there u go just go right through to the neighors yard too

1 - 20 of 30 Posts