Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, heres the mount for my xlt

jsut found it tonight.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Holy crap!!!!!! How in the hell did that happen?? Nothing else was damaged?? Also, which side was it.....pto or mag?

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
That's pto side. Looks like all that jumping got to it. lol.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
eric there is more to that then jumping. The last one I saw like that the crank and clutch were so out of wack that the viberation just about made your hands fall asleep. Riley

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha, i never felt any vibration. that was the wierd part. this sled has been acting real funny this year so i been doin everything i know of to try fix it. and i was messin wit the belt again, and when i turned the primary, the hole engine seemed to move mroethen it should. so i looke around. and im like shit, gotta tare it apart. and u guys are smart, its the pto side. i should be gettin one next week, but if i dont ill give ya a pm sno x treme

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 1996 Ultra SP since new with about 5500 miles on it. I have experienced this identical failure twice in the last few years. Same mount broken in exactly the same place. I could be wrong but I think it has alot to do with the fact that these sled have very heavy front ends and therfore when riding hard these front end compnents including and especially the motor mounts absorbe some heavy impact. I plan to make some steel units to replace the aluminum ones at the next failure. Any other suggestions would be appreciated since its only a matter of time.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i got her back togther today, ill taker her otu for a spin tomrrow and see what happens

1 - 11 of 11 Posts