-everything works
-2 brand new belts
-runs good
-xtra 12

The bad
-Needs new track BADLY
-needs new skis
-shocks could use a rebuild

Bought it for 500 bucks today which doesnt seam to bad. Its quite the upgrade from my old 1990 Indy 500. Im planning on putting a new track on it, new skis, fix the shocks, low windshield, and edge bars with 3 inch riser. Heres some pics! 201036224039807_29056.jpg
201036224059979_29056.jpg
201036224117604_29056.jpg
201036224137214_29056.jpg
201036224157276_29056.jpg

·
Registered
659 Posts
HOLY SH*T! them ski's OMG and the track OUCH! is there even hyfax under there??? I have never seen such abuse I cant believe you bought it I hope not for much no offense but it looks a little neglected to say the least may I ask how much you paid? some one was riding the shnat outa that thing.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea theres still some slide left. The track and skis are the only bad part of it. The rest is clean and it runs good. Bought it for 500.

·
Registered
278 Posts
make sure you check out all the tie rod ends and other steering components when you replace the ski's, your handle bars seem turned quite far to the right compared to the amount the ski's are turned!

Looks like you will have a nice sled when you are done!

Mike

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea everything will get greased up and checked over and set correctly. One of the radius rods needs replacing to, not a big deal.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea people on another forum are being A-holes about it. There saying, O its gonna blow up and whoever owned it must of been a retard. People on here actually are nice and dont tell me crap that i dont want to hear.

·
Registered
192 Posts
you didnt do bad for $500. but the people on the other forum arent necessarily just being A-holes. anyone who would let their skis/track get that bad and then keep on riding it is either running it on a Very low budget or just dont care enough about the machine to fix it. that doesnt mean the motor is going to blow, but it deffinetally was not a well maintained sled. just go through the whole sled and do all of the much needed basic maintenance which is obviously overdue. but like i said, for $500 it wasnt a bad deal. good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
A little tlc, you'll have a pretty nice sled. Good find!!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea thats my plan. Since i have to take the rear skid out and chaincase stuff, its gonna all get looked at. Skids gonna get greased and everything repainted, new chaincase fluid, maybe bearings if needed, whole sled greased, new skis, track, and shocks rebuilt. A few cosmetic things will pull the look off like a skidplate, low flared windshield, running bored trim, and a riser. Thanks guys for not attacking me about how it wasnt a good buy!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
theres a guy on milwaukee craigslist with 2 xlt's for $750 for both. could get the parts you need and sell the rest to pay for it all

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/rvs/1629123176.html

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dragon700 said:
thats who he bought it from i bet
no he bought it on saturday. that ad was listed today.
looks like he came to the realization that the sled needs alot of work. or perhaps he just found out how much tracks and skis cost [beatup]

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yea I wouldn't of payed 500 for it. Who ever had it didn't keep up the maintenance on that sled. Also that means they probably never bothered to maintain the motor.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not really guys. I dont want the issues of crank bearings. These engine dont have a pto side oil line and are known to blow crank bearings. I dont care about the money for a track, i could get one for around 100-150, which i have. I just want to go to a twin again, and a newer 98 XC. How is it funny that im trying to sell it? This thing is in great shape, just not the track and skis. Come look at the bottom of this thing, not a dent in it. Every single sled ive seen has dents on the bottom. This engine runs perfect with 140 pounds of compression for each cylinder cold. We confirmed that to with THREE diffent gauges. It wasnt that bad of a buy. I have several people interested in it already.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts