Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i set up my bars today...its a 6 inch adjustable pivot riser and 1 inch renthal bars. The pivot adapter is not on yet so they will be higher yet. 2010914202524593_27913.jpg
201091420283421_27913.jpg
2010914203045890_27913.jpg

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Looks like a set of dirtbike or ATV bars on a big riser? I've heard ATV-bend bars bend really easy.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I would be careful when going that high with the Gen II chassis, from what I have read on here once u put risers on the Gen II's it makes it really easy to bend or snap your steering post.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mad-Boondocker said:
I would be careful when going that high with the Gen II chassis, from what I have read on here once u put risers on the Gen II's it makes it really easy to bend or snap your steering post.
I have never heard that thanks for the info.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PolarisIndySKS said:
I can almost guarentee your gonna break your steering post! To be honest, thats a little overboard for that sled!!
My buddy has 8" risers and his didnt break even so i can adjust mine from 2" to 6" so ill just go down.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
read here on the weak steering post http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/115522/display.aspx

dtmmil said:
Speaking from experience, yes the GenII steering posts are junk with risers on it, if you add risers, make sure you do something with the post, or it will bend on you like a piece of licorice!

·
Registered
368 Posts
looks good from here. now you need to add about 3-4" of new foam on top of the seat and make a bar turrett in the top of the trailers' clam shell.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
snowdad4 said:
looks good from here. now you need to add about 3-4" of new foam on top of the seat and make a bar turrett in the top of the trailers' clam shell.
thats doin it the hard way[:D], take the riser to the seat dont bring the seat to the riser, although it would look cool with a missel turrent on top lol, mount a little pipe on it lol

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Tilt them more straight up, and put your windshield back on, it will look better. I have more rise than that on my GenII, and yes the steering post will bend, just above the stock steering support.

20092242084714_17500.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dtmmil said:
Tilt them more straight up, and put your windshield back on, it will look better. I have more rise than that on my GenII, and yes the steering post will bend, just above the stock steering support.

20092242084714_17500.jpg
I'm gunna tilt them straight up when I get my adapter and i'm waiting for a 6" black windshield from my buddy.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
POLARISDOMINATOR its ok, people gave me shit also with my setup. You want to know something as long as your comfortable thats all the matters. Ever sinse I added my "monkey bars" my back and knees dont hurt anymore and I know I can go 300mile days and get up in the morning and do another...or maybe Im starting to get to old lol

20081031154954156_19621.jpg

20081031155122734_19621.jpg

20081031155337546_19621.jpg

20081031154912703_19621.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
I have 9 inchers on my Dragon because I just don't sit down with the type of riding I do.

Yes, your post will bend, the inexpensive way to fix this is to mix up some automotive fiberglass resin with slightly less hardener than it calls for, plug the bottom of your post and fill it up. Whren the resin hardens, post will be much stiffer.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
I will second this. I snapped the steering column on my 99 XC 500 that I had. I had a pivot riser with 4" block. Depending on how hard you pull on them when you land they bend one way, then the next time its the other way and it then it WILL snap.

Chad

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Student Driver said:
I have 9 inchers on my Dragon because I just don't sit down with the type of riding I do.

Yes, your post will bend, the inexpensive way to fix this is to mix up some automotive fiberglass resin with slightly less hardener than it calls for, plug the bottom of your post and fill it up. Whren the resin hardens, post will be much stiffer.
Wow, sweet idea, and it is simple. I'll do that to my SKS. Any brand of resin in mind?
TDG

1 - 20 of 28 Posts