Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the newest addition to the family, I believe it is a 99, but I am not sure. The rear shock is one the I have never seen before. The shaft is 5/8" and its a clicker coil over. I bought it from the impound, with a clear title, I talked to previous owner and he signed it over to me, I just had to pay 200 bucks to the impound, not a bad deal. Both cylinders have 150+ psi, it needs to be welded on the left trailing arm but no bigy. needs a new belly pan, hood, and seat. since it is going to be the wife's sled, she wants it to be blue, so she will have the only blue XCR 440 I have seen... other than that I don't know to much about this model, any ideas or info would be great. the rear shock is going on my ride... hehe perks of being the mech. in the family....!
[attachment=53307] [attachment=53305]
[attachment=53303] [attachment=53304]
[attachment=53308]

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
nice sled looks like it'll be lots of fun when it's done but blue??? wow that'll be a first!!!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Hey man, nice sled. I think the blue will look nice. A little bit of TLC and some parts and she'll have a nice sled for cheap.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
It is a 00' edge 440 sp. Was the first in the edge body and a race only model

·
Registered
317 Posts
WOW! $200 thats a steal plus you said the motor was good! Say is that the seat in the back of your garage? The red and black beat up one? Do you know if that would fit on a wedge chassis? Do you want to get rid of it?

·
Registered
690 Posts
that thing looks like it was beat pretty bad but you got a hell of a deal for 200 bucks, you would be stupid to pass that up

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
No afence but it looks beat, but for 200 you can put 500 into it and have a fun sled that you dont realy care bout.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it looks as beat as it does because it sat outside for a year, the tunnel and bulkhead are STRAIT as hell, yeah it was raced at some point but for 500 bucks it will be a perfect sled for my wife. and as far as the year, it is a 99, i had 2000 last year and it was an XCSP not and XCR and i talked to a dealer about it and he told me that 99 was the first year of the edge. I have not pulled the shock out to measure it yet, i am only home for one more week, then i skip across the big "pond" till next summer. so i will get started on it then. any idea if the coil over is a good shock to have in mine or not... never heard anything about them in sleds.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Originally posted by RED_XCR_440
[br]WOW! $200 thats a steal plus you said the motor was good! Say is that the seat in the back of your garage? The red and black beat up one? Do you know if that would fit on a wedge chassis? Do you want to get rid of it?
it will fit one a wedge chaissis, got a 2002 xc edge seat, but you need the gas tank to.
i got the 2002 edge xc seat and gas tank on mine
[attachment=53589]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Originally posted by 440_Rocket
[br]it looks as beat as it does because it sat outside for a year, the tunnel and bulkhead are STRAIT as hell, yeah it was raced at some point but for 500 bucks it will be a perfect sled for my wife. and as far as the year, it is a 99, i had 2000 last year and it was an XCSP not and XCR and i talked to a dealer about it and he told me that 99 was the first year of the edge. I have not pulled the shock out to measure it yet, i am only home for one more week, then i skip across the big "pond" till next summer. so i will get started on it then. any idea if the coil over is a good shock to have in mine or not... never heard anything about them in sleds.
99 was a probelmatic year for tunnel and bulkhead issues. Inspect the bulkhead closely for cracking, some braceing may be needed.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Originally posted by 440_Rocket
[br]it looks as beat as it does because it sat outside for a year, the tunnel and bulkhead are STRAIT as hell, yeah it was raced at some point but for 500 bucks it will be a perfect sled for my wife. and as far as the year, it is a 99, i had 2000 last year and it was an XCSP not and XCR and i talked to a dealer about it and he told me that 99 was the first year of the edge. I have not pulled the shock out to measure it yet, i am only home for one more week, then i skip across the big "pond" till next summer. so i will get started on it then. any idea if the coil over is a good shock to have in mine or not... never heard anything about them in sleds.
wait so where you going? i talked to my dealer awhile ago about getting a 99 440 and he said be careful with the motor as the 99's-01's were prone to blowing up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts