Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my new 2006 switchback 900 w/ 1067mi, bought this in the spring from a buddy who bought it as a new leftover 2 yrs ago! im super pumped to rip on this baby this winter. been staring at it alll summer long, started tinkering with it in the last few weeks! we dont get tons of snow here in ne ohio, im mainly hoping this long track will give my big ass a better ride!

work done so far:
epi clutch kit
still cleaning belt dust off of the engine and under hood (last owner thought this sled was for putt putt rides)
added slp shock tower vents
fat boy frenchies throttle cable
cleaned clutches, being sent out for a good balancing
sent templates to fab shop for new rear bumper can't wait for those to come back!

air box delete- personally fabbed new belt guard & adapter plate for air intake plenum, new intake is mocked up w/ pvc pipe! ordering all new 2.5" aluminum fittings and a k&n with sno-charger very soon!

still to come... slp torque stop and push arm, exhaust can, dash vents, and 2" bar riser 2010812184559595_20915.jpg
201081218463564_20915.jpg
201081218466674_20915.jpg
2010812184610705_20915.jpg
2010812184614424_20915.jpg

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
if u dont get that much snow then why would u need soething higher than a 136 in track

its a nice sled though

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nice sled.

monsterstickersaddhp said:
if u dont get that much snow then why would u need soething higher than a 136 in track

its a nice sled though
He just said for a better ride for his ass.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I like it!!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
monsterstickersaddhp said:

its a nice sled though
we dont usually get more than 12" of snow at any given time, BUT our trail still get bumpy[B)] and this 144 is gunna bridge the bumps from a mile away! i'll just have to keep an eye on my hy-fax and engine temp! but they say running these 900's at a slightly higher coolant temp actually helps them out ( hence everyone removing the front radiator )! but i'm keeping my front rad. !

i'll post my new intake soon as the parts come in!

·
Registered
244 Posts
if your switchback is similar to mine (the 144" track with 1.25" lugs) then you won't find any problems with overheating.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TylerC said:
if your switchback is similar to mine (the 144" track with 1.25" lugs) then you won't find any problems with overheating.
yeah i got the same track setup, im not to worried bout over heating!

·
Registered
244 Posts
the suspension is insane on these things, since our skid is uncoupled we get great traction and is great for top speed. I've run on very very low snow conditions and temperature never changed.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TylerC said:
the suspension is insane on these things, since our skid is uncoupled we get great traction and is great for top speed. I've run on very very low snow conditions and temperature never changed.
i've only put about 10 easy miles on this actual sled, when my buddy owned it. how do these big boats handle the occasional launch? by no means am i a big jumper, but sometimes i like to hit a road embankment or go flyin off a 6' drift!

damn i cant wait to dust everyone this winter! except for that pesky mach Z 1000. im hopin my extra traction atleast keeps him in my sights, if so i can build horsepower to take that thing down too! whoop!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
i've gotten some big air on my sled, and it took it great. You have to remember that my sled is at least 100 pounds heavier then yours so yours should do fine with small jumps.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i've decided to build my own can for this machine! prolly gunna be all stainless, more pics coming soon!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts