Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is guys it is a 2002 Arctic cat sno pro ZR 440/ D&D 720 kit For the most part it is pretty clean The pipe is a little rusty but I think it should make it through the season, If we get another warm day around here I may paint it, I am also going to clean it out a little bit give it a a few shots of grease. The sled came from D&D Performance and since it was bought it has been a back up sled for the owner of the sled. I picked it up for $2600 it came with a gallon of royal purple, C&A pro skis, Brand new stud boy carbides, and a cover. And yes that is the exact amount of miles on this sled. Sorry about the yard it has been hectic lately trying to get ready for winter and building a deer stand.

20101021153110185_26774.jpg

20101021153527170_26774.jpg

20101021153741857_26774.jpg

20101021154223732_26774.jpg

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Nice sled, pretty clean. Now that's a 720 conversion done on the 440 motor? How is it gonna do for life span?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it is a 720 motor from D&D and for durability the sled originally came with twin pipes, and they guy had a stock pipe put on to help make it more trail friendly. it has oil injection so no need to premix.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
The 720 made a name for itself on the 01-02 ZR 500/600's. It then became a Big Bore option for the SnoPro 440 and F5 motors, consisting of (as I recall) all new cylinders, pistons, head, power valves, and twin pipes. In this specific case, the twins were replaced with a single pipe for better trail manners.

Almost anytime you start playing with some of the older big bores, your reliability is going to go down. Being D&D's sled, I would hope they would have had it setup pretty decent. Just don't burn it down, parts are not cheap for those motors!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Let me know if you want to trade that...

·
Registered
538 Posts
hmm, cool. i never knew they put the ZR nameplate on the early Firecat sno-pro chassis in '02.

that sled will look great with a good cleaning.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Just getting broke in with 483 miles on it. Nice find!!!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
That's real nice[thumb] Wish i had it.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
they guy said that he knew every person that owned it and it was always a backup sled for every body and including himself he was the 3rd owner, took it for a rip in the field last night and it has some snap off the line

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^ I think I will try during winter, does any body know how much that switch costs that triggers the high beams? mine is shot

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Im not sure if yours is activated by the brake light but the little switch that plugs into the brake housing on my '03 F7 is around 20 bucks or so.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
^ I think I will try during winter, does any body know how much that switch costs that triggers the high beams? mine is shot
You can use any switch you want if you're pinching pennies. Doesn't have to be a cat part.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
will_5 said:
Im not sure if yours is activated by the brake light but the little switch that plugs into the brake housing on my '03 F7 is around 20 bucks or so.
yes mine is activated by the break lever, i currently have a toggle switch that turns the lights on or off is this on other firecats or just sno pro models?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts