Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I just purchased a 1992 polaris indy trail488 deluxe from craigslist, key start, 2up, everything!
there's just one small problem, when i start my sled, whether it be the pull start, or key start,and as it starts up, it tries to die out on me, so i hit the gas a little, but the issue is, it starts, but doesnt stay running, it cant idle without dying on me, my guess would bethe carbs need cleening, but just let me now your thoughts on this issue, thanks! [:D]

·
Registered
288 Posts
carbs could very well need a real good cleaning. I would start with that. the main and pilot jets should be replaced with new ones just for safe measures. but clean your carbs, and new jets and then see what happens. ALSO carbs might need to be tuned a little and check spark plugs and what not just to be safe [thumb]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bokeson said:
carbs could very well need a real good cleaning. I would start with that. the main and pilot jets should be replaced with new ones just for safe measures. but clean your carbs, and new jets and then see what happens. ALSO carbs might need to be tuned a little and check spark plugs and what not just to be safe [thumb]
thanks! i'l try that and hopefully it runs a little better[thumb]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
motodeficient said:
Dumb question but are you using the choke?
yeah actually, it only starts with the choke, half the time

motermike93 said:
bokeson said:
thanks! i'l try that and hopefully it runs a little better[thumb]
P.S lol i meant hopefully that will solve the problem, and the sled will hopefully work!

·
Registered
85 Posts
whats the compression?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts