Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
/polarisman/../images/users/MaineGirl/1996xcr600sp.gif
Hey everyone, this is my sled... what do ya think... Its my first one any suggestions for the rookie girl? :) I love it.. want snow.. maybe some this weekend I hope....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Should be a pretty fun ride. 96 XCR600 eh? I heard they ride very nice and got plenty of power to get you through any situation.

My only suggestion is to get used to the sled before really riding it hard, if thats what you like to do. I have learned this lesson the hard way twice. Just get used to it. THats my best advice for any new or experienced sleder that has gotten a new sled.

Have fun.!

AKA, indy500 or XCR800_has_balls

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
suggestions:

enjoy it and don't kill yourself.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Very nice, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Doesn't sound like we're going to be getting to much snow this weekend, at least in central and southern Maine. Besides, I want to ground to freeze good and solid before we get to much snow.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Nice looking sled Maine Girl.

Make sure it has good oil in it and the coolant is full. If the person that had it before you was a lot heavier you may want to adjust the suspension down so that it's not too hard.

I recommend reading the owners manual from cover to cover.

Ride on and have fun

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I like the agressive chassis but it didnt stay for long. Just three years I believe. Looks like its in good shape. How many miles. Make sure the carbs have been cleaned. Its a must in my opinion. That doesnt look like a super sport to me though.

Reasonable people adapt to the world around them....Unreasonable people try to change it.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
thats not actually the sled she bought. That is a promo picture that can be found on www.geocities.com/polaris-man/ I just got rid of my 1996 XCR 600 SP(yes the SP is very important in this year) last winter. Was a nice pretty darn fast sled. Weighed too much for me though. The agressive chassis looks good in my opinion but weighs a bit too much. Besides that you will notice a dead spot in your normal trail rpms say I think 4000-6000. It will take some time to learn how to keep the sled in the middle of that rpm range. Believe me 6000 you take off and 4000 your dogging so. It took me a couple trips out to really get the throttle right for this kind of riding.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
SledDog is 100 percent right. thank to my memory I remember that pic long time ago in some magazine.. she didnt buy this sled lol.. I could tell.. plus read her profile it says supersport "just bought" so her story is not sticking very well LOL. I think we all know what it means

·
Registered
277 Posts
There should be a requirement that all female members have their picture in their profile!! What do you think?!

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by MAYDAZE:
There should be a requirement that all female members have their picture in their profile!! What do you think?!

'HAMMER DOWN !!'
[/quote]

No.

Ride the Best!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
If you have a 2001 Supersport, it would look something like this

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/2001supersport.jpg

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK guys..I'll clear up the questions.... Was going to buy supersport but changed my and forgot to update profile...forgive me? please lol... I ended up liking this one much better and it was bigger so.... As for the pic.. I borrowed that one cuz I haven't taken one yet..but it looks the same only on my windshield has a Polaris Sticker...

As for the pic of the female rider.. if you're lucky I'll hook ya up :) and thanks for all the info..keep it comin and watch out for me on the lakes... gonna give ya a run for your money :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I was just joking on the picture deal. Being a female in this web site means your a minority. Just picking on all you 'girls'! But, a picture wouldnt hurt!

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by MAYDAZE:
I was just joking on the picture deal.

'HAMMER DOWN !!'
[/quote]

SUUUUUUUUUUURE ya were

You have the ability to post your picture in your profile.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by MaineGirl:
watch out for me on the lakes... gonna give ya a run for your money :)

[/quote]

If you ride on any of the Belgrade Lakes, I'll keep my eye out for you; as thats my "home turf" riding area.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts