Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally found the truck for me, or well my grandpa did. My grandpa and grandma go down to Arizona ever winter to theyre second home there. and every year he drives a vehicle back to sell for something to do. While down there he saw this beauty, 2001 Ford F-150 Ext Cab with the 5.4 V8 108,000 Miles. Its a lariat (so all leather, all electric!) 4X4. Its an Arizona truck so there is ZERO rust. Only flaw is a very small ding in rear right quarter panel, looks to be the size of a basket ball hitting it. best part of it all. $6400!!! 2010411650936_29105.jpg
2010411658155_29105.jpg

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Nice truck. My dad picked up an 02' F-150 XLT 4x4 in the winter of 08'. Had 110,000 miles on it and paid $7000, but they were asking 14,000 ( my grandfather owns a car dealership ). The truck is now at 175,000 miles and runs strong.

Just wait until you get the cold start knock ( if it doesnt already ).

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i will MAKE the D fit in the back. or ill use my dads 2 place and take me and my biuddy up north

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Your sled will fit just fine. It may stick out a little, but nothing a few straps and a parking brake wont fix.

Trust me, I fit my Rev into a Ranger.
201041201024390_27886.jpg
Not only did it not fit length wise, it didn't fit width wise.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont wanna sound like an ass, but i have a REAL truck. not a ranger. ;)

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Cool man! I had an 02' a while back. If it has the triton just be aware the cylanoids tend to go out in them. Mine had two go bad and of course it was the two basically under the dash. One went right after I bought it so the dealer covered it but the other went a ways down the road and it was a 4 or 5 hundred dollar repair. Not trying to bring you down though...they're great trucks and will pull the $hit outta most v-8's. Personally though if I were you, I would have went for a blue 87' chevy with a 454 all cobbled together looking all getto and gay! My .02

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Looks like a very nice truck Dragon700!
Being it is from the south you may want to add an engine block heater for easier starts in the winter.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys! im excited to start tinkering with it. its at my g-pas house getting that ding fixed. its getting: dual exhaust, tool box, bull bar with KC fog lights, PA system, K & N air filter if i get bored, and lord knows what else!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
brian126 said:
^^^^
A sun visor might look nice on there too.
And don't forget the Sirius radio!
i knew i was forgetting something! sun visor! if i can find one reasonable priced.
and maybe this is a dumb qustion, but what is the big deal with the sattelite radio?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Dragon700 said:
brian126 said:
^^^^
A sun visor might look nice on there too.
And don't forget the Sirius radio!
i knew i was forgetting something! sun visor! if i can find one reasonable priced.
and maybe this is a dumb qustion, but what is the big deal with the sattelite radio?
Once you have it you'll always want it...so don't get it. Seriously though, it's pretty cool to have. The longer contract you sign the cheaper it is. 10 bucks a month if you sign for a year or two (I think)

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Dragon700 said:
what is the big deal with the sattelite radio?
I like satellite radio because it offers a wide variety of programming that really isn't available on the commercial radio stations. I can listen to whatever type of music, talk, or sports I want to. During the construction season I listen to the radio pretty much all day long. Hearing the same 5 songs played on the pop radio stations in our area will drive anyone insane by noon. Like Sledneck said, once you have satellite radio you'll like it and it's hard to be without.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Nice buy! My parents have the same pickup only red,has 180,000 miles on it and no major problems.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
brian126 said:
Dragon700 said:
what is the big deal with the sattelite radio?
I like satellite radio because it offers a wide variety of programming that really isn't available on the commercial radio stations. I can listen to whatever type of music, talk, or sports I want to. During the construction season I listen to the radio pretty much all day long. Hearing the same 5 songs played on the pop radio stations in our area will drive anyone insane by noon. Like Sledneck said, once you have satellite radio you'll like it and it's hard to be without.
Ditto...I have a base in my work truck, and a base in my boat.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i just might have to sign on to that. only thing is it still has a recall that needs to be done. something to do with the throttle. and fire. [thumb]

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Come to think of it, one of the materials inspectors at work has a F150 like that assigned to him. His truck has almost 250,000 miles on it with virtually no problems other than regular maintenance items.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
very nice! and i forgot a few inch suspension lift. im thinkin 3 or 4

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Nice truck Dragon! I'm sure that thing will go forever. My dad's 00' F-150 7700 company truck started knocking at 120 000 and it is now at 360 000. You just have to turn up the radio loud enough to drown out the knock. ;)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts