Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/snofan/../images/users/paulxlt/273437523.122272464.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

I absolutely love this thing, 5.4L V8, Supercharger and intercooler, Black Leather seats, and all the goodies you can imagine. Power moonroof, heated seats, power adjustable pedals, and of course the thing is beutiful. Oh, did I forget how STRONG this is?[:)]

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whats that supposed to mean? [:D] Anyway, if I could, i'd let you drive it. 400HP will change your mind... and I did get a pretty good deal on it, my family is in the dealer's preffered customer program. I'm also looking at the new Yamaha YZF-R6 to put in the back end, now that would be bad ass!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
nice man real nice, I want to get a mid 90s Chevy single cab short bed, lower it and put a Corvette GM Crate LS1 engine in it. That would be real nice :) and fast :) :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Sled_Dog
[br]nice man real nice, I want to get a mid 90s Chevy single cab short bed, lower it and put a Corvette GM Crate LS1 engine in it. That would be real nice :) and fast :) :)
Yes that would be fast, however, almost everybody has a 90's chevy mod. Screw that, If I was a chevy man, I'd take a 53 Chevy 3/4 ton, drop it 4 inches and throw a 2001 Corvette ZR-1 engine in it, with a 400 turbo tranny, now thats BAD ASS!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
What is a ZR1 corvette? Never heard of it. LS1, LT1, ZO6, never heard of ZR-1. Is that the engine in the stand C5?(or is it C6 I forget). Yeah you see lots of normal 90s but few with Corvette LS1s pushing a bit of power. To lift the hood and see the words corvette ya know?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, the ZR-1 is a crate engine that chevy had initially wanted to put in the C5 and the new C6, but scaped the idea and only sold the engine for a few years, they still sell them though. good 400-450 HP by itself.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
im definitly not a ford person but i must say that truck is sharp looking but wouldnt a harley look better in the back?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Nice ride, I never owned anything but Ford until I bought my 02 RAM 1500. After I put 100K + I'll let you know if I like it better than my last Ford, Jury is still out.

I did put a 427 FE in a 77 F150 once Tunnel port heads, forged steel crank the works. 11K in the motor alone. I was just a kid (Nothing on an F150 was designed to handle 600hp) Went through drive train parts like they were going out of style. I did get a chance to take it to the drag strip where I turned low 12's in the quarter. Could pass just about anything but the gas station, running dual 750's got about 3-5mpg on the highway.

I love the styling of that Harley edition. Enjoy

·
Registered
277 Posts
The ZR-1 corvette was made between 1990 and 1995 only. It has a dual overhead cam 350 cu.in. small block. Thats right, dual overhead cams. It put out between 380 to 405 horsepower from 90 to 95. No ZR-1 crate motors that I know of. There are ZZ4 and ZZ502 crate motors from chevy along with a butt load of other small and big block combos. My big question is, how the hell did an 18 year old student/marine afford a $30,000 truck? Nice picture at the dealership, how about a picture of you by it in your yard!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This was the picture the dealer had of the truck on its computers, so they e-mailed it to me so I could put it up here, cause I have no scanner or Dig Camera. It was taken last fall, and It would have to climb 6 foot snowbanks to get in my yard to take a pic. I was given very old savings bonds for graduation from high school, plus, I dont pay for food, housing, or anything else in the Marine Corps, so what else is there to do w/ my money? [:)] Oh, and it was $37,478.98 altogether, w/ tax & tags. Now stop being pescimistic!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts