Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some of my pictures of when i got my first vintage sled at the beginning of the summer i figure i'd show it off, even though its only a 250cc.
[galleryattach=3292]
[galleryattach=3293]
I have rebuilt it and painted it from the bottom up but didn't do any engine work and now i have to rebuild the engine, Heres some pictures since i cleaned it all up.
[galleryattach=3221]
[galleryattach=1479]
[galleryattach=1986]

·
Registered
291 Posts
what kind of paint did you use to paint the exhaust it looks really good. And does the paint last a long time or do you have to repaint it once and a while?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
if i remember right he said it burned off (i think)..you have to go to the auto parts store to get that special high temp exhaust paint if you want it to stay on for more than one ride.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Looks great. You said the exhaust paint burned off, huh. That's really a shame since it looked to so good, but he can get that high temp stuff and make it look good as new. Otherwise I bet it's still a nice sled.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya the red burned of it was HTP and don't know why maybe not preped right but its black now and hasn't burned of yet after about 150km of driving, but now its my dang engine.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IT did tell one week ago, then i stipped it down when i pulled the motor, seat and tank are off since i redid the seat i didn't want it to be a home for mice so ya its basically my whole sled, not many parts, soon it will be back together, with a new coat of paint again. How well does sand blasting work to prepare the metal, will it help the paint bond, i guess i didn't do a good enough job last year. Thanks it did look nice i figure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts