Snowmobile Fanatics banner

MY PINK SLED

19K views 83 replies 31 participants last post by  StacyAK 
#1 ·
~Still a work in progress~​
I started working on this last winter. Still have some more I want to do, such as--powder coating the front springs pink, getting billet bogie wheels, pull cord handle, and gas cap and get them powder coated pink and black, installing pink LED underbody lights, and maybe a few more little things [;)]

Taking off the old decals
View attachment 2010923225154218_33772.bmp

All ready for new decals
Snowmobile Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

Tire Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive wheel system Automotive tire

Getting rid of the yellow

Auto part Floor

View attachment 201092323142578_33772.bmp

Before
Yellow Automotive exterior Bumper Floor Fender

After
Auto part Hood

Painting the bogie wheels
Pink Auto part Wheel

Art

Bumper Transport Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part

Taping off the snowflap
Bumper Technology Electronic device Automotive exterior Vehicle

Bumper Technology Automotive exterior Electronic device Auto part

View attachment 201092323231937_33772.bmp

Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part Car

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Headlamp

Pink Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Car

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Helmet Tire

Vehicle Automotive exterior Pink Auto part Car

Snowmobile Vehicle Motor vehicle Pink Automotive design

Putting on the pink reflective tape
Yellow Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Bumper

Snowmobile Vehicle Motor vehicle Sled Winter sport

All done!
Vehicle Motor vehicle Pink Snowmobile Automotive exterior

Kind of a before and after
Snowmobile Vehicle Winter sport Sled Snow

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum! Sled looks good,how well does that paint stick to the seat?

I believe flatlandersummit wants to do a similar color scheme to his sled [;)]

#3 ·
Thanx!

I just used a can of vinyl paint. Don't remember the brand, it's made for painting vinyl in cars. I was a little worried about it but it has held up awesome and it's the same stuff my brother uses on his sno-x and Iron Dog sleds and it's held up through that so i'm not too worried

#4 ·
Welcome...I must say you did a hell of a job. My wife wants to do the same thing to her sled and you just gave me some ideas. I think all your sled needs now is some attention on the windshield. [thumb][thumb]

#9 ·
skidoobabe08 said:
I want to do this to my machine but I think i'm waiting till i get a brand new one first.
The whole reason I did it was so when I went flying by the guys on the trail they would know they were getting wasted by a girl! [:D]

KRSS144 said:
Welcome...I must say you did a hell of a job. My wife wants to do the same thing to her sled and you just gave me some ideas. I think all your sled needs now is some attention on the windshield. [thumb][thumb]
Any ideas for the windshield? [:)]

#10 ·
Mad-Boondocker said:
Looks pretty good, and hell if u decide to sell it u could maybe give some of the proceeds to breast cancer awareness every body knows somebody affected by it.
Yeah, put a reserve you want and put anything over that will go to BCA, i've seen stuff go into the hundreds of thousands because of doing that.

#11 ·
StacyAK said:
skidoobabe08 said:
I want to do this to my machine but I think i'm waiting till i get a brand new one first.
The whole reason I did it was so when I went flying by the guys on the trail they would know they were getting wasted by a girl! [:D]

KRSS144 said:
Any ideas for the windshield? [:)]
cut it down with a dremmel and then git one of those breast cancer sticker on it?

#12 ·
ArcticCatZR800 said:
Mad-Boondocker said:
Looks pretty good, and hell if u decide to sell it u could maybe give some of the proceeds to breast cancer awareness every body knows somebody affected by it.
Yeah, put a reserve you want and put anything over that will go to BCA, i've seen stuff go into the hundreds of thousands because of doing that.
Yeah, definetely an idea if I ever sell it

#16 ·
RMK-KING said:
Welcome to the forum! Sled looks good,how well does that paint stick to the seat?

[highlight=red]I believe flatlandersummit wants to do a similar color scheme to his sled [;)] [/highlight=red]
ROFL!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe flatlander hasnt seen that yet. Maybe he just hasn't figured out a clever enough rebuttal for it[:0]

#17 ·
sledneck1978 said:
RMK-KING said:

[highlight=red]I believe flatlandersummit wants to do a similar color scheme to his sled [;)] [/highlight=red]
ROFL!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe flatlander hasnt seen that yet. Maybe he just hasn't figured out a clever enough rebuttal for it[:0]
Lmao, He's out gathering some resources.

#18 ·
wakeboarderboy said:
sledneck1978 said:
RMK-KING said:

ROFL!!!!!!!!!

he's out at the paint store

#19 ·
mxz440kid said:
wakeboarderboy said:
sledneck1978 said:
RMK-KING said:

ROFL!!!!!!!!!

what kinda pink shade paint?

#21 ·
Fuse600 said:
mxz440kid said:
wakeboarderboy said:
sledneck1978 said:
RMK-KING said:

ROFL!!!!!!!!!

what kinda pink shade paint?
LOL, I can give him the name of the website where I got my wrap from. hehe

#22 ·
Place right down the road from me called hpwraps.com right here in Cedar Springs, MI. They do some very nice work.

Anyways back to your windshield I was thinking you should cut it down but seeing your in Alaska and knowing what the temps can drop down to your going to want all the protection you can get. Im all for the breast cancer sticker but I was thinking more like a "pink camo"...black, white and pink would look sharp!? Or follow your hood sceem.

#23 ·
KRSS144 said:
Place right down the road from me called hpwraps.com right here in Cedar Springs, MI. They do some very nice work.

Anyways back to your windshield I was thinking you should cut it down but seeing your in Alaska and knowing what the temps can drop down to your going to want all the protection you can get. Im all for the breast cancer sticker but I was thinking more like a "pink camo"...black, white and pink would look sharp!? Or follow your hood sceem.
Yeah i'm going to have to come up with something. Now that everyone has been saying my windshield needs work it's been bugging me. Looks all blank and sad

#24 ·
StacyAK said:
KRSS144 said:

Yeah i'm going to have to come up with something. Now that everyone has been saying my windshield needs work it's been bugging me. Looks all blank and sad
I think it would look cool if I got around the headlight and up the windshield painted with the same swirls and stuff from the wrap. Have it look like the stuff is blowing up and over the top of the machine. Just have no idea how or where I could get that done

#25 ·
^have it "blowing up and over the top of the machine" would look cool. Maybe a solid color like black then have it fade or run or like stretch into pink? Options are endless.

#26 ·
KRSS144 said:
^have it "blowing up and over the top of the machine" would look cool. Maybe a solid color like black then have it fade or run or like stretch into pink? Options are endless.
Now i'm really wanting to do it but have no idea where I could get it done. hmmmm, i'll have to talk to my brother and ask him who does his racing graphics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.