Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a 1992 polaris indy trail deluxe, and i had a couple questions about some problems im having with it. okay, first one is... The sled starts fine, runs fine, but when i go to give it gas, it doesnt move at all, the rpm's go up, but it just doesn't move, here are the things ive been told to check, and i did. secondary clutch is fine, belt is right size, bearings are good, axle is free,but i think that the problem is the chain case. i was just wondering how i should properly open and check the chain case, what problems i should look for, and what kind of oil goes in it?
another question was, when i start it, compared to my other sleds, it smokes way too much! the exhaust emits to much smoke, and right under it were the exhaust comes out, the floor gets black, and the exhaust spits like, a gas type liquid.

thanks,
mike

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
wow.....id say its getting way to much oil mixed with the gas. its a 92 so it probably has oil injection so you will have to maybe adjust that cable but dont adjust it to much cause that is the life of your motor (the oil, for lubercation)

the chain case is pretty simple to remove. take off the exhaust to get beter access. then remove the brake assembly and then the bolts on the cover. start with that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MicahMan said:
wow.....id say its getting way to much oil mixed with the gas. its a 92 so it probably has oil injection so you will have to maybe adjust that cable but dont adjust it to much cause that is the life of your motor (the oil, for lubercation)

the chain case is pretty simple to remove. take off the exhaust to get beter access. then remove the brake assembly and then the bolts on the cover. start with that.
thanks man, anything i should look for when im taking off the chain case? like and parts falling out or something?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
motermike93 said:
MicahMan said:

thanks man, anything i should look for when im taking off the chain case? like and parts falling out or something?
should be pretty simple. what i do is pull it in my garage and put a jack standunder the trail arm to put it on a slight angle so nothing will fall out and pop the cover off. should be a chain and two gears and the tensioner. think i mite have a picture of it in my gallery. if not i have one somewhere in my computer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does anyone know what cable to adjust for my oil mixture, or if anyone can tell me how i adjust my sled so it feeds less oil?
thanks,
mike

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nothing but gear lube should come out of the chaine case....unless something let loose in there.

Burch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts