Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I raced my 93 polaris indy 440 liquid cooled 2-up versus a 97 polaris indy trail 500 2-up. We did multiple runs ( best out of 10 ) and i won by 6 races. It turned out basically whoever had the best start would win, each race either of us won by 1-2 sleds but my sled seemed to kick out more power in the high ends where as his would have more in the low rpms. Anyways they are just about equal. It was fun :)

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Sounds fun! Like limo racing! J.K. Im sure you had a blast i wish we had sno to race on. But the most fun we can have racing right now is a foot race down the street!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah lol it was a blast. cant wait till my friends race their polaris XLT's :p

*edit* WOW that was amazing LOL, my friends raced their two XLT's. They are both the same year either 95 or 96 not sure but one is an XLT SP 580 studded and triple piped, other is an XLT SP 600 Studded but not piped. I was surprised that the 600 had the start every race, but every race the 580 pulled past going around 90+, the 580 won every race. i couldnt even keep up to see who won :(

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
how much snow do you have in zimmerman?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only an inch or two on the roads but theres quite a bit on the lake and i only have to drive like 200 feet to get to the lake.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well we had a couple other races. I raced a Polaris 400 liquid cooled studded and lost every time, pretty sad :(
my friend raced his polaris XLT SP 580 studded / triple pipes versus a 1999 Polaris XC high output 500 or something like with studs, aftermarket carbuerators and some other aftermarket crap and the 500 beat the 580 every race.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey spike440 how do you like the 93 440, I have one too, motor wise its pretty good I saw 85mph down the side of the road and that wasen't quite full throttle.Plus if you hit her the right way you can pick the skis for a couple dozen feet about a foot high. But I hate the suspension on it and its pretty tippy.Hope to hear from ya.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts