Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm 16 and just bought a sled. It is a 1996 Polaris RXL. It has a 650 triple with the m-10 suspension in the rear. It also has ski skins, 96 studs, and Fox Racing Shox. Here is a pic.

/snofan/../images/users/Polaris650/RXL-1.jpg

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
WOW, great looking sled man! That thing looks brand new!

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
948 Posts
Great looking sled. Is that your first?

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wow!!!!!!!!!! That sled is mint! I need to get working on mine.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Sweeet!That's a very sharp looking machine.Think snow.

my brain hurts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Looks Great, Really Clean. . .Runs Good???

My first sled was a 1977 Yamaha Exciter 440. The technology in those days in terms of suspension left alot to be desired. Several times we went up North and rode late into the night on Friday, and spent Saturday watching college football feeling like I got run over by a truck! This sled has Xtra-10 suspension and rides like a dream. Now I can keep up with the group! Here is a pic of the New Winter Toy. . .

It's a '97 and as clean as a whistle. 680 Triple for power, runs smooth. Can't wait to get it out this year.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Man, that thing looks brand new as well. Looks just about the same as mine. Except mine's got a little less displacement, (97 XLT SP 600). She still flies though! Nice sled.

On a side note, I saw the pic of your sleds engine in another post. I though all Ultras came with factory triple pipes. Apparently not.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
425 Posts
speaking of pics of Kimba's sled, I does anyone know where to get ski skins like the ones on his sled? They look like they wrap around the edges of the ski. The one's I have are 3/16 of an inch thick. The steel ski sits in the skin. the skin is held in place by the runner and bolt at the tip of the loop on the end of the ski. This works fine but I am looking to get new skins this year since the previous owner outfitted the sled with pink skins! I'm looking to go with purple if you are interested to know.

If you can read this I'm parked!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
sharp sled man! those 650's fly!!!
XLTSP YEAH have you tried shadetree, or jr graham?? i think i may have seen some to what you are wanting there, i think it was graham that had a pakage that came with the skins and the trim that you see in POLARIS 650'S post. chek into it, heres the url's

http:www.shadetreepowersports.com
http:www.jrgraham.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts