Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up from a friend for free today. In great shape. turns over, but carb butterfly is frozen. will hopefully get it running tomorrow. I had one of these for my first sled when i was 8 so its nice to find one in this shape 20101119045531_24113.jpg

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whitexc, i'm always the one scoring stuff. Scored a 1988 Jaguar XJ6 for free last summer. they couldn't get it running for months. brought it home and found a power wire unhooked from the battery.

Got it running in about an hour today. dumped fresh fuel in, cleaned the carb out, primed it with some mixed fuel in the holes, and she fired right up. now if it would snow enough to ride around the neighborhood. These little sleds are fast from what i remember. and pretty reliable as well.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i got the same one, their quick little sleds for how old they are.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
ahhh yes, I had one of those myself. It was a super light and somewhat quick little yami. What I remember best about it was I owned it for 3 years and NEVER had to stick a single dime into it. And back in my sled abusing youth that said something. Great sleds!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that would probably liven the little 440 right up, huh? i'm going up the road to ride it today. lookin forward to bashin it around a bit. i wasn't exactly easy on mine when i was younger, but it stayed goin forever.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good deal, I started on a '78 Exciter...also had a '85 SRV...

Burch

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry to bring this thread back up. But I love this sled. Its fun to jump on it and ride it around the property when I don't wanna burn 11 gallons in my big sled. I'm going to have to do some carb work though because it won't rev more than 5500-6000. What should I be tachin'?

·
Registered
123 Posts
that's a nice sled i have a 340 but its red and white i did have one 440 exactly like that about two years ago i miss it soo much! those old Yamaha were nice! loosen off the limiter straps under track then see what she will do! it will surprise you! they are good cat-walkers! lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
he he heh....Yamaha Enticer 340. Shaved head, ported, ignition work...$241, with the new battery

78 SRX, that when purchased, didn't perform like the original owner's 76 SRX Trade in. so he shipped the engine to Michigan to have it bored, ported,recarbed, crank worked, pistons and rods....yeah, dug that out of a shed behind a garge for? $300. (love kickin my Kid's azz with his 500 indy EFI)

(yeah, I got bored and cartooned the flame job on, cause the hood was a little crunched)

Heres the Enticer....

72 440 Kaw Panther. $200. dumped the Walbro,bolted on a Mikuni, and that old Kaw screams! (Carb was a 'freebie' off the parts Enticer.....seatcover ordered, and was more than the sled cost, but my first sled was a 72 340 panther, so I owe the breed one!)

indyrmk30 said:
Sorry to bring this thread back up. But I love this sled. Its fun to jump on it and ride it around the property when I don't wanna burn 11 gallons in my big sled. I'm going to have to do some carb work though because it won't rev more than 5500-6000. What should I be tachin'?
clean the clutches.......especially the driven clutch.....and if the belt is worn, that too.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts