Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found a ditch banging sled for a good price.

2000 Polaris XCF 440 fan mint condition guy bought it new and took good care of it. It's 3 hours away but I have buddy that lives by him and he went to go look at it for me and he said it looks like new so I guess I'm picking it up Friday.

·
Registered
149 Posts
snowmobileguy said:
I finally found a ditch banging sled for a good price.

2000 Polaris XCF 440 fan mint condition guy bought it new and took good care of it. It's 3 hours away but I have buddy that lives by him and he went to go look at it for me and he said it looks like new so I guess I'm picking it up Friday.
Congrats on the new sled i hope you like it..

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
good luck, I think this sled is the forerunner to the pro-x FAN. I hope for your sake it doesn't share the same problems

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
440 fanner = problems, we don't have any answers to help! Best suggstion we could give....buy a liquid. I owned one.....worst purchase ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Oh boy i remember my dads 01 xcf.(JUNK)

·
Registered
477 Posts
i am going to have to agree with the others do you really want a fanner for ditch banging? fanner's only have 2 purposes in my book. ice fishing sled and site seeing type trail riding sleds. low power and reliable (for the most part)

·
Registered
737 Posts
MNSLEDNECK56308 said:
440 fanner = problems, we don't have any answers to help! Best suggstion we could give....buy a liquid. I owned one.....worst purchase ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
x2

rayrevo said:
i am going to have to agree with the others do you really want a fanner for ditch banging? fanner's only have 2 purposes in my book. ice fishing sled and site seeing type trail riding sleds. low power and reliable (for the most part)
the 488 fan was a fantastic motor very reliable I cant say the same for the 440 ho fan

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am paying 1,400 for the sled I had a 2002 Pro X 440 fan always ran good and I always run the right jets in it never blew up.

·
Registered
443 Posts
jesse500 said:
All Fan cooled sleds suck... IMO
Like what duece said the 488 is a great motor never have a problem with my trail.

·
Registered
443 Posts
skidoo600racer said:
HOLY BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!! 1400!!!!!! I'm sorry but that was a rip off.
Yes 1400 for a 10 year old 440 fanner is a rip off.

·
Registered
737 Posts
indyrider15 said:
jesse500 said:
Like what duece said the 488 is a great motor never have a problem with my trail.
owned it for 16 years engine repairs =0$

think thats steep check out these xcf prices http://providence.craigslist.org/rvs/2110967297.html

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm happy with the sled doesn't matter to me if its a fan cooled. The sled is in great shape and he was the original owner and still has all the paper work and the book for it.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
jesse500 said:
For reliability, no (most of the time).. But for anyone who wants to do any serious riding, yes.

Why the -4? There is really no comparison between fanners and liquids.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts