Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took the 99 coolent/oil tank out and had a bracket welded to the steering loop like the 98 had, and put a 98 oil tank and coolent over flow tank on (hoping this would cure my leak) rode for about 50 miles and watched the iditarod people, then my sled started running on one cylinder, took a quick look and it was dumping fuel out of the lines from the carb.. ok, tore my carb apart on the trail and my pilot jet was compleatly plugged up.. blew it out and put it back in. made it for a few more miles and it happened agina, I said screw it, Im gettin a ride home.. called up my buddy and told him to meet me at a road and about a mile later I stuck a piston and had to be towed.. when I got home I pulled my plugs, both are white.. I took the head off and there was no coolent in my engine, great.. got it hot and lean so it stuck the mag side.. it isnt bad, the piston isnt blown to peaces.. it was just enough to take the plating off the exhaust port..

so Im pulling the engine and going to sell it (sold two good bottem ends this winter already, they usually sell the day I put them on craigslist..) and sell the 00 rmk chassi as a roller.. going to save up money and move to something newer, Im thinking a good clean pro x 700 is in my future. [thumb]

anyone interested in a good 220 cylinder? haha

· Registered
2,970 Posts
Buy a good running one next time bud, only way it will stay running. :D

· Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'v had this motor sence I was 14, it lasted me 6 years, and out lasted two sleds.. I think it did its job.

As far as dirt bikes go.. Im still shopping, waiting for the right deal. I want another cr (either a 96 or an 02) but Im not going to be to picky.

· Registered
3,214 Posts
Send me pics and a price on the cyl. when you get a chance...I'm interested....I'm going to a 220 motor in a IQR next year

· Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will take pictures of the cylinder in the morning. If I get the opertunity I will take it to a shop and make sure its in spec..

Someone on CL offerd $700 for the sled without the engine, cdi and carbs (Ill be taking the mbrp race can off and putting stock one back on aswell) think I should do it or hold out and see if I can get more? I know I could get alot more out if I parted it out but Im already parting out the sks... Id hate having two partial sleds sitting in the shop.

· Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was out messin with the sled today, put the head back on and dumped oil down the cylinders, puled it over slowly 15-20 times and figured what the hell, why not try starting it... to my suprise it fired right up and sounded half decent untill the PTO carb started dumping fuel again, now Im thinking about throwing some new head gaskits on it and see how it does. If it does well Im thinking I might try finishing the seasen on it and then scrapping it, we just got 6" of snow and I want to play in it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.