Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so, I fired up my sled. Started right up, and died. I primed it again, and it fired right up. I started riding, and didn't get on it at all. I rode it a little, then, once it was warmed up, I yanked the throttle. All I got was a kind of bog, and then a really really slow acceleration. I was listening to the exaust, and it was firing pretty hard. It was like, a hundred little backfires.. Do I just need new plugs? Is there something in my exaust? Could water of gotten in my carbs? If so, what are the dangers of this ( blowing the motor if I'm right )

I rode it a little on ice with no air box on it. No powder could of touched the carbs

EDIT: Just went through there and checked, there was ice in the fuel lines, and fouled plugs

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had a similar problem a few weeks ago when I was giving the sled a bath. Except when I started it up it wasn't even moving. I put in some Iso HEET and let it sit for the night, and on my second try the next day she was goin'. Still screamin :D

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
If it was sitting outside since you rode it last I would say the carb is froze up, and this can cause the motor to melt down from a lean burn.
Put it in a heated shop over night and see if that helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts