Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few pics of my '02 550 SuperSport. I added composite skis and swapped the stock .82 track for a 1.25 track. I've also added a 2" handlebar riser, skid plate, windshield bag and launch pads. So far, so fun!

Edited by - AKScrambler on 01 Dec 2001 14:27:52

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Nice pics!!! Looks like a sweet sled man.....how many miles you got on it now?

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Nice sled! How do you like the 1.25" track compared to the .82"??? I'd be interested since i plan on buying one for my XCR. Pros. Cons. thanks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. It's got 58 miles on it now. As for comparing the tracks, I'm not sure because I never rode it with the .82. I had them switch it before I ever took it home. But the 1.25 seem to do great. I didn't have any deep stuff to really test it though.

'02 550 SuperSport

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
What kind of track is that new one and is it studded? I have a camoplast 1" on my cat and am debating if I should stud it or not.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Excellent fun stuff pix AKS. Sure like the lines on your 02SS. I keep trying to lay my MM700 over in the snow too but for some reason she keeps going right over to the 'Turtle on back' position. [ shrug ] not sure why yet but it's fun!

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

Edited by - Bman on November 29 2001 2:23:53 PM

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
intended do you ride on icy trails? how about lakes/rivers? If you answer yes I would stud. Personally I find running without studs a risky behavior in icy conditions.

·
Registered
586 Posts
that Super Sport is a sweet looking machine!

normal people are boring, mean people suck

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by intendedacceleration:

What kind of track is that new one and is it studded? [/quote]

It's just a track from the dealer. It's not studded. I won't stud it. I doubt I'll be doing much ice riding. I think most of the riding here is powder or mountain trails.

'02 550 SuperSport

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sweet, I love the track, wish my XLT had that baby on it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
289 Posts
nice set up for carrying sleds on the truck.. custom? i like it. dirty trucks are better than clean ones

Duct tape much like the force... it has a light side, a dark side.... and it holds the world together!

·
Registered
338 Posts
How much does that deck weigh to install. It looks cool, but heavy i bet.

89 Cougar 500 w/Rev
88 Saffari 377
89 Saffari Saga 377

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
they say only a couple hundred. The link I posted says that anyway. Like heavy enough that it would be annoying but that 2 guys could prolly do it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's only a couple hundred pounds. It's all aluminum, so it's not as heavy as you might think. It's a two man lift. He took it off his truck for the daily driving.

'02 550 SuperSport

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
AKScrambler,
Nice looking sled!
Are those pics on the willow side of Hatcher?
Man I've been looking for some hills with enough snow to climb.
Drove to Turnagain saturday 26" base need another foot before they will open it.
Any info on where you rode would be great.

Member #2 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, that's the Willow side. The trail was rough and showing some rocks. That was about a week and a half ago. The reason we didn't go back this week is because of the lack of snow. The pics shown are in the area with the best snow we could find. It's a bit deceiving. Don't waste your time going there until there's more snow.

'02 550 SuperSport

1 - 20 of 21 Posts