Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the SD, ND, MN area is sposed to be hit by a winter storm 2nite and tomorrow, i have 3 theorys on what will happen where i live:

Theory 1 (pessimistic): My county is right on the border of the winter storm warning, and this storm is supposedly coming fromt he SW so sicne i am in northern ND, it is going to completely miss us and i will not get a snow flake, it will remain foggy for the next 2 days like it was today. Then the storm will proceed eastward and go over the Great Lakes producing more snow for the NorthEast which already has snow.

Theory 2 (pessimistic): My county is right on the border of the winter storm warning, and this storm is supposedly coming fromt he SW so sicne i am in northern ND, we will catch just a lil bit of the storm and end up w/ bout an inch of snow and it will make the roads icy for bout a day, and it will be windy

Theory 3 (optimistic): This storm will develop between now and later 2nite to be a huge storm more than what they predicted and just unload on us and we will get much more snow then was anticipated

i prefer to go w/ the pessimistic theorys becuase then if we do get snow, i will be more excited bout it, instead of getting all pumped up for it then not getting any

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
I am hoping to god matt is accurate, cuz then we get dumped on.

But I'm with ACG, PESSIMIST. I believe NOTHING until I see snow.

·
Registered
837 Posts
i have a theory on why it will be snowing in ND this week. and big willy, pman and ecick may not believe me but anyway i have been waiting for 2 months to get snow, and finaly we will be getting it but to bad for me because me and my famialy are taking a trip to warmer climates for xmas leaving on Friday. we are going to puerto rico for one weeks so everyone can thank me for the snow even though i have to miss out on it, but hopefully there will be enough wed night and thur before we leave

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I am hoping this will happen. I am really starting to get ticked off about this, it sucks with NO SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
I have a hunch, if we get any precip, it's gonna be rain... Look @ the temps...

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have a 4th theory now

Theory 4 (pessimistic): It is 9:45 PM tuesday evening and the temperature is around 30 degrees. The rain is about 50 miles south of here right now and approaching fast and appears to be dissapating a little bit.IT is moving right towards me. Chances are it is gonna stay warm and we will have an ice storm making for plain ol crap, then maybe get a couple inches of snow after it cools down

neway.....i guess its kinda sposed to snow for bout 2 days so if we get ice 2nite and snow for 2 days......i guess i cant complain...

on the other hand.....the meteorologists havent been right yet this year......so WTF m i saying that its sposed to snow for like 2 days...?????

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
yeah, foo Think next time.

It's gonna hang a right and give the NE more snow.

·
Registered
837 Posts
It is snowing right now in bismarck, we have 1/2in already and it goingt okeep coming all night and day and after my statics final at 7:30am i will be out riding

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
[}:)]

Yeah, this bites, it's raining here now.

And freezing on the ground.

Looks like a brown Christmas is coming...[:(]

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
Rain in december is about as pleasant as being shot in the knee. If it rains here, I'm gonna cry. 2 weeks ago it was so friggen cold I didn't want to go outside, and it was sunny. Now it's WARM and RAINING.

well, no rain here, but it's gonna, I don't think it's gonna snow at all.

·
Registered
226 Posts
We're supposed to have "Thunder Flurries" here in SE Michigan!
WTF are "Thunder Flurries" anyway?
We have ice here now, temps to lower 40's today.
I just hope the lake effect snow kicks butt in Alba, Mancelona and Gaylord!
Keep prayin'

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
All we're going to end up with here is more freakin' rain and freezing rain for Fri. I'm starting to get a little "pissy" now. [:(!]

·
Super Moderator
11,293 Posts
well it is 4:30 here in ND and their is mabe 3-4 inches on the ground but it still isnt enough to ride much accept in the yard and mabe a few fields but it is still snowing and I think its spose to keep snowing for awhile...

·
Registered
837 Posts
i have 2 inches in bismarck and i went out for 2 hours, take what you can get, but anyway the storm is curling back around and going to hit us tonight. look at this page and put the map in motion, and you can see it spin back at us. and if you are a member of accuwather you can get the really long animation , edit, i just posted it an it should be moving

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
darn.....i just seem to miss all the good stuff, we are just gettin the lil bit of a tail of it...

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
we have about 2 inches... Still waiting for this storm to occur. Need more.

·
Super Moderator
11,293 Posts
well its 10:00 now and their is a good 6 inches on the ground and its still snowing..The wind is blowing pretty hard though so its not sticking in the fields to well but I will diffently be out riding tommarow and will try to get some pics...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts