Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we came up to the cabin Sat. and the trails were looking crappy. We went out shopping and she wanted to stop at this thrift store. Well as walking through the store thinking I should have just waited in the truck and whats this.....Man thats a chinsey looking engine hoist. It turns out to be a medical lift (for lifting a person) with a capacity of 400 lbs. It came with a sling and the sling hook up apparatus.
Needless to say when I saw it the uses were flying through my head. This thing is sweet. They had a huge price on it and the lady said make an offer....Its been in the store too long we want it gone.
For 25 bucks I was loading it in the truck...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nice snag man

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
nice find.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone....I'm geeked

the handle in the back makes the bottom legs go in and out for stability and storage. It goes up much higher than in the pic....at least to make the sled 45 Deg.

Now I can hardly wait to put it to use

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
THAT is for lifting PEOPLE?? [eek7]

Wow... Nice pick up. I would have jumped on it too for $25

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Reminds me of that show on History called American Pickers.

Great find, i would have snagged that up in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
114 Posts
That's the LAST time she does that! :eek:)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Nice lift! But how long does it take to hook it all up to lift the sled. I would make some hooks that the bumper rests on instead of a belt.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I like the belt idea... Keeps yer hands from freezing to a steel chain when hooking it up.

Nice score man!!

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Just imagine the other uses like lifting the motor out of the sled. nice find. Did you tell the cashier what your use for it was. Imagine the expresion on that person's face, even your womans. I can just imagine. lol

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have one that I built years ago that is the same theory....Only it uses a cable winch. I have always used a old junk belt on that one....Doesn't scratch the bumper up!!!! The old one is steel pipe and no wheels to move it around. This one is sooooo much better and more practical

looked it up online....witout the heavy lift apparatus and sling they sell for 650-900 bucks

1,792 Posts
dodger said:
Well we came up to the cabin Sat. and the trails were looking crappy. We went out shopping and she wanted to stop at this thrift store. Well as walking through the store thinking I should have just waited in the truck and whats this.....Man thats a chinsey looking engine hoist. It turns out to be a medical lift (for lifting a person) with a capacity of 400 lbs. It came with a sling and the sling hook up apparatus.
Needless to say when I saw it the uses were flying through my head. This thing is sweet. They had a huge price on it and the lady said make an offer....Its been in the store too long we want it gone.
For 25 bucks I was loading it in the truck...
And right before you bought it, you were telling the old lady she was spending too much money shopping. [;)][thumb] LOL

Sounds like you got a steal.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i do alot of thrift store shopping and you wouldnt believe the stuff i find. NAD home theater amps and preamps pioneer recievers mtx speakers lots and lots of stuff. i got one of those wierd looking shark vaccuum's brand new in the box for 24.99 went to best buy they sell the same one for 80. lots of stuff to be found at goodwill and salvation army

1 - 17 of 17 Posts