Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[:D] HEY DUDES iam 15 i got a 07 polaries xlt rmk 136 with 2 inch tracl and piped up. should i run hotter plugs with it and how could i get more power by just adding little things that dont cost alot. i also want to know if NGK plugs r the best for sleds. or what would be the best plug for it. And what oil is the best for sleds too.

/polarisman/../images/users/DUSTINSPELLMAN/Picture 001.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/DUSTINSPELLMAN/Picture.jpg

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I run NGK in my older sleds just because that's what was in them when i got them. I run the champion in the newer sleds for the same reason. As far as i am concerned there is no difference between the two.

Clutching is going to be your least expensive upgrade and best bang for the buck.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Im a NGK fan..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx for help keep the info comping

·
Registered
274 Posts
NGK is my fav. DO NOT get Split fires, they are spose 2 be the shit but a few years ago they came out & said thier plugs didn;t do shit for you. I tried them a few times & they kept Fouling out. You know I cant think of much you can do thats cheap. All I can say is get a job, save that allowance & & get your hands on a SLP (Starting Line Products) catalog. They have almost everyting you would want on that XLT. One thing I would say 2 do that wont cost much, get those stickers off(Hot air gun) & costomize hommie.

·
Registered
443 Posts
yea i am a ngk fan...they run the best in my polaris...Some upgrades that cost cheap would be...run airplane fuel through ur sled..that will give it some nice horsepower

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
AV gas won't increase power unless you have the sled set up to use it (ie High compression)
There are already enough posts about fuel octane I won't regurgitate it now.
I run NGK plugs
Thinking of changing from Arctic Extreme oil to Klotz

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was most leaning to ngjk in the first place just wanted opionion about what to run and what wioll run best. my sled will be painted swwet with no decels right soon as i get paint. ill send pic out in a few months

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
well heres a freebie. Always make sure you have about 1/16" or about 2mm of belt sticking above the secondary sheeves. Next thing that i would try depending on your style of riding is to regear in the chaincase. If you want top end leave it alone, but if you want more power and dont mind sacrificing some top end speed, drop 1 or 2 teeth on the top gear. Next, be sure your carbs are set up perfect. Now that the basics are taken care of go for the clutch kit or pipes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The Fuji triples like the champion plugs, the ignition system was designed with the champs in mind and in my experience they work much better than the ngk's in these motors.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I wouldn't change the heat range of the plugs unless you have a good reason. The piped triple shouldn't require a plug change just for the pipes. Be careful that you don't change to a hotter plug and burn a hole in a piston. I would run what was recommended from the factory unless you have done some serious mods and know enough about whats going on to make a good choice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts