Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that there is snow cover all over the state I thought I would post this to gauge some interest in a ND group ride. I know there are a few of us Nodakers on the forum, if you have an opinion of a place or date post it up, lets get some ideas flowing.

·
Super Moderator
11,649 Posts
Plan it for a long weekend or X-mas break and I'm game for almost anywhere. Going to have to wait for more snow to get an idea of where it could be though...

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think we should go up to boutineau. Im game to go anytime, as long as it isnt durning the time of January 2nd to the 7th, as in I will be in West Yellowstone.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I'd be up for it either in Bottineau or up toward the Pembina Gorge or we could take a ND group ride to SD and ride in the Black Hills...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Pembina Gorge is usually always a good ride, exspicially with fresh snow, I know alot of good spots up there. Black Hills would be a good ride to.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would prefer to keep it in ND. The Black Hills are too far away and can be so hit or miss with snow conditions.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If this keeps up there should be good rideable snow over Christmas. Want to get an early season ND ride together for over Christmas Break? I work Christmas weekend but have a 3 day New Years weekend. I am open to ideas.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Lots of Good Snow around this way, Just got another 6in last night.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
10.2" officially in Williston yesterday, 8-10" at my place. Snow depth in Williston is now 23"+. According to the NOAA snow depth map Devils Lake got hit hard and has a 24"+ snow depth.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I will be home in ND for like 10 days but unfortunately the sled is staying in IA :(! I really need to invest in that pickup, I actually considered it this week too.

·
Registered
639 Posts
We rode to devils lake from edmore and back on sunday, and the riding was awesome, lots and lots of snow.

·
Super Moderator
11,649 Posts
With all the snow we've been getting, I'm starting to think I should have long tracked the SnoPro. [confused]

·
Registered
458 Posts
college starts back up next monday, im not sure if quinlan is still in school, but i know I am, it'd be cool to go for a ride with you guys, havent been to anything like that yet. this weekend is open tho.

·
Super Moderator
11,649 Posts
I'm sure it'll end up like last year. We all talk about a ride because we have no snow. Before too long we all have rideable snow in our areas, and don't care to take an initiative to go anywhere.

·
Registered
458 Posts
well would we ride trails, or just a good general powder area?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Well figured while i got nothing to do i would just throw some ideas out there, I dont know how far everyone has to travel , but going north was mentioned, and it seems they got alot of snow that way so using the ND trail sites, i made some maps of trails around minot, and northcentral trail systems around that area. the green lines are recently groomed trails the yellow lines are closed trails, and the reds are existing but not yet groomed trails. 201116111454386_24492.jpg
201116111456870_24492.jpg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts