Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where in ND is there snow west of Fargo or Wapheton? Not sure what there is for riding out there but there must be something! We heard Ashley and Jamestown got snow so what's the scoop and where can you ride to?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Well, we have alot of and enough snow to ride on in Starkweather, North Dakota. Starkweather is located north of Devils Lake, North Dakota.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
No rideable snow in the southeast part of the state. It is supposed to get above freezing every day this week. The forecast for the northeast part of the state looks a lot better, temperature-wise. No huge snow in the forecast, either.

Will there be any grooming yet this week in the areas with snow?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Originally posted by twopopper
[br]I live in Finley ND, 90 miles NW of Fargo and we got about 15 inches over the weekend. Ditches are real good.
GOING,GOING,GONE! This weather sucks!!!! Went from about 15 inches to nothing but slush in 2 days.[:(!][:(!][:(!]

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I guess we missed the opportunity again! We were gonna head out this weekend but Not anymore. The sleds will sit idle again![V]

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Taken from www.snowmobilend.org for the northeast corner of the state:

Trail Conditions: This area received 11-13 inches of snow on December 30, 2006 but has lost snow due to warm temperatures this past week. The trail traveling through Langdon, Osnabrock, Milton, and Nekoma has been groomed and is open but the remainder of the system is closed due to lack of snow. The better snow conditions are located around the Langdon area as it didn't get as warm in this area as it did in the remainder of the system.

The website says all other trail systems are closed. I am guessing if they do not get any more snow soon, this area will turn to crap, too.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I really appreciate the honesty!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts