Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I have a buddy who has a 1974 yamaha 440 exciter project thats in need of a topend rebuild, any chance someone out there has a manual I can get the tolerance specs for the topend from?

we're going to be needing a fair amount of parts also, both for the engine and the chassis, so any info on where a good place would be to get parts for this older sled would be helpful too

thanks

DJ

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your probably right, I mistyped and didnt catch it on the first post, its a 1976, sorry about that...

·
Registered
510 Posts
ebay is your best friend. there has been tons of exciter parts on ebay lately. even a set of NOS cylinder. theres always OEM pistons and rings on there too. wiseco also has pistons for these machines and i would follow there specs if you got wisecos.

·
Registered
198 Posts
alssnowmobile.com is a great place to find vintage parts also,plus they can find something if they don't have it allready.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by makk98
[br]alssnowmobile.com is a great place to find vintage parts also,plus they can find something if they don't have it allready.

thanks for the link, a site that has parts diagrams for that old sled is exactly what I was looking for

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have a 78 with many parts still usefull. PM if your interested. The bottom end is tight, The top end is ok and the rest has usable parts. 100 bucks picked up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts