Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i just purchased a 2007 summit 1000 with a brande new 162 2.25 track tons of power has had updates all done guy said also has boondocker nos set up but has never been used has vent kits very clean machince has 2400kms on it 20101123205734522_23469.jpg
20101123205736225_23469.jpg

what does every one think of this sled and power what are the bads or things to watch for on this machince

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
You can get a good one or bad one, just depends on the luck of the draw. Some guys have had electrical and clutching problems with them. Once they are dialed in they are supposed to be pretty wild sleds. I would advise against you using the NOS with no experience unless you want a big boom and an expensive sled to fix.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
A question I pose to you is, why would you buy a sled that you know nothing about then ask opinions after you buy it?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The price was right couldn't let a nice new sled with that many cc go past just was luck getting this sled

I must say it's the nicest sled I have gotten yet lol if you have seen my pics

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Too good to be true?

Looks rough to me, and a few things that raise a flag.

One of those sleds that has one to many stories for the owner to tell before I walk away.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Yea the 1000's eat clutches unless you actually do preventetive maintnence. Pop that clutch every season and you will need some rollers and buttons($30). You will never have a problem if you do that. The 07 where the best 1000, didnt have the fuel pump and heat exchanger problems. I would get the clutch checked now and give er hell.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I'll do that I think I'll keep the boondocter system in but take the nos of
I don't need to hit the button by accident

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Probly a good idea. All and all the 07 1000 is a great sled. The sled doesnt look bad and has some cool upgrades. I wouldnt be scared of it other than the fact that its ran nitrous in the past. A commpresion check isnt a bad idea. What did you pay for it?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
what was wrong with the truck that resulted in it not running?

Nice sled by the way, I have to agree ditch the NOS till you get to be more experienced with riding the new toy.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Luke68Polaris said:
Too good to be true?

Looks rough to me[/color=red], and a few things that raise a flag.

One of those sleds that has one to many stories for the owner to tell before I walk away.

If that looks rought to u Id love to see what u consider nice... I think u gotta nice lookin sled pal, I gotta agree with losin the NOS and gettin that clutch checked and a comp test done. Have fun with her[thumb]

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The guy was selling it for $6000 and the truck need the security /passcode fixed so the fuel pump could kick on and truck run

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BskidooC said:
What do you need to know? I can most likely help you out. As far as a website goes....I couldnt tell you.
Will how much hp they have what's. A good set up for the mountains and what's the fuel it needs to run right

1 - 20 of 24 Posts