Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to take the day off today and take the sled out. The storm we had over the weekend left us with 10 inches of fresh snow and the temp is sapose to go up the next couple days. I went and took the ditch rat out cause I like how like it is. I went down to the restaurant and had lunch and got gas. I found a old gravel pit that has been shut down for many years and resided to try and climb this hill and got stuck at the top. The snow was deeper than it looked about 2 feet deep. So I dug out the right side of the sled and was going to pull the ski's around to get it back facing down the hill and when I pulled on the right ski it snapped the spindle. So now I got to get the sled the rest of the way down so I can see what happened so I just barrel rolled it down the hill. So now I am looking for a new spindle. I tried one off my SS440 but they are not the same. I have a friend that has a crap load of parts and he said he has one in the parts bus. Yes he has a bus full of sled parts. So now the sled sit's in the gravel pit over night till he can dig out that spindle for me. Here's a pic.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Your second picture reminds me of fallen solider

Moved thread from off topic to general (snowmobile related and doesn't look like you are looking for parts)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arcticcatmatt said:
Your second picture reminds me of fallen solider

Moved thread from off topic to general (snowmobile related and doesn't look like you are looking for parts)
Yep that's why I did that!![thumb]

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i tried the ss440 spindle and it's to big to fit threw the hole and the splines are different.
And my friend look in the bus and he doesn't have one. So I took the one I have and welded it up and ground it smooth some what so at least I can get it out of the gravel pit and home till I can get a replacement.
If anyone has one let me know!!! It's the right side spindle and its a 85 Yamaha 340 enticer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts