Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here it is:

2001 Ski-Doo Formula 600 Deluxe with mechanical reverse and electric start, 1759 miles, excellent condtion.

or

2000 Polaris RMK 600 136" with electric start and mechanical reverse, 1800 miles excellent condition. This sled has been converted to more of an SKS as it has had the stock long lug track replaced with a more midwestern trail-friendly 1-inch lug track. We don't see nearly as much snow as the rockies here in Southeastern WI!

I could have either one of the these sleds for $2300 (firm). I know that the Ski-Doo is a year newer and all but I really would like to stick with the Polaris brand as it is what I own now and have really developed a liking for with my 2 Indy's.

I do most of my riding on groomed trails in SE WI with a trip or two up to northern WI each year as well. I guess you could say that I am a slightly aggressive trail rider but like to break trail occasionally. I do like the taller handbars on the RMK and the loop on the bars, plus a slightly longer but still trail friendly track.

Help me out with this decision.

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
if i were you i would get the polaris, someone i know has a 144 track and it handles like a dream on the trails, i know its a little different but it should still handle good.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Polaris RMK!!!!!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have a 00' 600 RMK for the wife but my brothers and my friends ride it more than she does. It packs around my bro who is 240 with no problem where ever we are on or off the trail. Go with one of these, cant go wrong for dependability and handling! The price is great with the upgrades it has looking at 2500-3000 here for the same sled!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
It sounds to me like you made your decision.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
See if you can try them both out and decide what you like beter
they sound like the same sled other than the long track, and with a long track you will get a smoother ride.
I also see that the other answers are bias, they all ride polaris

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
RMK 600. You are getting more sled for the money. The Doo is more of a solo touring/trail luxury sled, and if you are an aggressive trail rider I think the RMK would suit you a lot better.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
RMK. I'm not a polaris guy either, I ride a ski-doo, and own 2 of them, but, I think that with the area you live in you should get the RMK.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys, I really appreciate the replies especilly the more detailed ones!

I forgot to mention that the RMK has a studded track as well. My current sled has studs and after I installed them I really liked the difference they made on the trails.

I'll make my final decison tomorrow but I'm really leaning toward the RMK. Although I've only ridden on sleds with 121" tracks, it sounds like the ride quality may be a little better with the longer track.

See the 6th paragraph in the review talking about the skis here:

http://snowmobile.off-road.com/snowmobile/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=196040

Thanks Again!
Andy

p.s. I think that the seller of the RMK has the left and right skis mounted opposite of normal. From what I have read, aren't the "powder wings" (the skis are asymmetrical, wider on one side than the other) suppose to be oriented on the inside not the outside)?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I also think that they are 2 comparable sleds. Now if the rmk was an edge the chassis is hands down better. I would see if you can ride both of them first.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Stick with what you know and IMO the better of the two anyway, RMK.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
RMK all the way!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
test ride them both.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I really like my 01 formula delx used to ride a polaris xlt with pipes and really like the reliablity of the ski doo. It has heated fuel lines too. Very good preformance and wont be diaspointed. heated helmet outlet is nice. Handles very well and stud installation is easy and tunnel protectors. I put 144 in mine

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Go with the RMK or save your pennies and get a crossfire and go green! JK

1 - 20 of 22 Posts