Votes: 0 0.0%
  • all three pistons

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my center piston is broke because while i had my motor out it tiped over and broke the piston. (cylinders where off) i want to replace all three pistons but getting to money to do so is hard. i want to get the sled going before we have rideable snow. what do you guys think i should do?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
If the other pistons are close to new, replace the one piston with one of the same.

Otherwise replace all 3.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
If the other pistons are close to new, replace the one piston with one of the same.

Otherwise replace all 3.
x2

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the other pistons have a cople of small scratches in them, nothing to worry about. do you think i should get new rings for the other ones if i replace only one?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well that would be alot cheaper then. about $60 for the piston and about $30 for the rings i think so $90 or i can get three pistons with rings for $145... its almost worth the extra money... i dont know[xx(]

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes i trust them but when i look at the price of one piston and rings at $90est. and 3 pistons with rings and bearings at $145 i almost want to spend the extra money.

put it this way. if it was your sled and you where putting it together what would you do?

BTW This is my 1000th post!
2010831182856279_30620.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
re- ring it and buy one new piston if you trust the other one and wiegh all three pistons, to make sure that they are all the same.(that will prevent crank problems down the road).

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
well it would be more bang for your buck. You could get the set of three and keep it (knock on wood) until you need it.

I would change them all if it were mine.
(i'm a little over a third of the way to 1000 posts)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I would get all three pistons with rings and bearings for $145.

·
Registered
250 Posts
littlemel said:
well it would be more bang for your buck. You could get the set of three and keep it (knock on wood) until you need it.

(i'm a little over a third of the way to 1000 posts)[/color=red]

A little under a third lol [thumb]

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
littlemel said:

no... your a little under a third of the way. 1000/3=333.33 your at 319 only a few more to go.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
800DOO said:
littlemel said:

(i'm a little over a third of the way to 1000 posts)[/color=red]

A little under a third lol [thumb]

I just was reading and noticed that. 333 is 1/3 the way there scooter.

I would re-ring all 3, and getthe one new one.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
littlemel said:

no... your a little under a third of the way. 1000/3=333.33 your at 319 only a few more to go.
WOW oops. Boy do I feel dumb[:eek:)]

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

Otherwise replace all 3.
X2

1 - 19 of 19 Posts