Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

ive made the decision to convert my xlt over to an ultra motor, im looking for a complete motor with electrical, carbs and full exhaust, must be a single pipe though, no triple pipes, im looking for a decent price, although i would much prefer to trade my 1985 mazda 626 LX for the whole setup or a complete sled, 1996-1998 wedge style ultra, i would prefer someone as close to my location as possible but any help would be great

thanks

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I know this is a little off. but there is a used storm motor that needs a rebuild, I personally would rebuild any used motor I bought going into a sled. any who, it would make some serious hp in trim for a wedge body.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thought about it but have heard bad stories of storms, and i have a buddy that just rebuilt his storm and im sure wont have a problem of blowing it up again this yr lol

·
Registered
414 Posts
Im curious why you are planning on putting in an ultra motor in your sled and not piping it? Yea the reed motor is better but it seems like a lot of time and money for not a whole lot in return without the pipes. Im just curious for the swap idea.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well my uncle has now told me to not waste my money and to just re ring my xlt and pipe it cuz ill get nearly the same power gain as putting an ultra motor in, so apparently im doing that now

·
Registered
414 Posts
Originally posted by bulldog_shotgun
[br]i'm willing to bet your uncles never ridden an ultra but to each there own.

If he had, i gurantee that he would say throw that 680 w/pipes in asap! I just love my ultra. I waxed a 900 fusion this weekend and he payed prolly 10g's and i have a total of maybe 2200 with all the stuff i have added.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts