Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a the piece that goes over the bumper for a 1997 polaris indy 440. It is not the side pieces. Here is the number that is on the back of it 5431480. It is black metallic.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
im a little confused here, you have a 97 polaris you say?? that would be the pre-gen 2 right?? if i am not mistaken the polaris bumpers on the indy sleds were 1 piece metal, with 2 plastic caps that cover the mounting holes. is this what you need?? if so i think i can help you out, or just take a picture of the piece and send it to my hotmail address.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I think i get it. That's the Evolved chassis, right? With the bumper that points to the ground? I think that plastic piece actually covers the aluminum bumper on the front. Can you get it at a dealer? Otherwise, my guess is it only comes with a new bumper.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can get the peice at the dealer, but they want $45.00 bucks for it. I was hoping someone would have one for alot cheaper.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Those bumpers were terrible, the cover always broke when it got cold, i replaced the one on my 97 Indy 500 with an all metal one. it looks exactly the same, it just is metal instead of plastic. i think it was around 30 bucks, pretty cheap and a lot more practical.

Celebrate Your Indepence With A Rocket...Ride Polaris

·
Registered
671 Posts
Ya i broke that outer plastic piece on my grandmas xlt, went to the dealer to get that plastic, and he said buy this bumber instead cause the plastic just keeps breaking, and it was only 30 bucks with discount if i remeber right,

Ride it like you stole it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts