Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a carb problem on my bike has four carb they have all ben cleaned and gone through but i have to get the bike started with starting flud then it will run but then after a fem mins or so the bike will slowely start to die if i dnt keep on the gas what is my problen thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
What kind of bike? Will it run if you give it constant gas? Something is blogged in the carb...

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Pull the carbs off, and clean them thoroughly. What kind of bike is it?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Sounds like your pilot circuit may be plugged up somewhere. Did the bike sit for an extended period of time? To do it right, you need to pull the carbs and clean them. How bad are they to get at? I have an older honda with the 4 carbs also, I have been there done that, and the only way to do it right is to pull them off, but if while you have it running for a little bit, long enough to get the pipes to warm up, can you tell if one is cold? If so thats your trouble carb, many times its #1 carb, the one thats on the bottom so to speak with the bike on the kickstand. You may be able to pull the carb bowl off and do a temp cleaning on it to see if it works.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Yes, get it to run at the lowest rpms you can, and either quick touch the pipes after a couple minutes, or get a squirt bottle with water in it and squirt the pipe right after the engine, hit each pipe, you will see if you have a cold pipe that way, if you do thats the carb you have trouble with if you have a plugged up one.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
all pipes were warm and i just noticed the the air/fuel mixture screws are all the wayscrewed in wht shoud i put each screw ar?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Try 1 turn out to start and adjust from there if it runs better. You want a nice smooth idle if you can get it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts