Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
you can get them from purepolaris.com i just got a pair for my buddies sled. i think they were about $85 for the pair including shipping. i have .405" 77 degree springs in mine and just got .405" 90 degree for his. the 90 degree has less preload. i weigh somewhere in the 230 range and the 77 degree .405 springs are more than heavy enough

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Hey Kevin, I take it everything went back to working properly last night???, I didn't hear back from you so I assumed all was well.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I run .375 in my prox with my shocks valved extremly stiff and that seemed to cure my problem, but i think with your stock valving id run .405....

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Originally posted by proxJ
[br]I run .375 in my prox with my shocks valved extremly stiff and that seemed to cure my problem, but i think with your stock valving id run .405....
the pro-x spring setup is different. they actually take different part numbers. you can fit edge springs on a prox but not the other way around. i put .375 springs from my buddies edge in my pro-xr and they are stiff enough because of the geometry. they were way too soft in the edge sled.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Im 300lbs.... so Im guessing the fat boy is the way to go. Since I am one... .damn job, gained 140lbs since I started it.

Yep had no more issues with it.

For those wondering... a 98XC700 will only pull 6600 rpms and 44 mph while running on one carb :( my throttle ball fell outta the clip so had idle circuit on one side and full throttle on other.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts