Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deciding on which snowmobile I should buy, have 2 up for grabs. A 1997 Polaris Ultra touring and a 1997 Ultra SPX SE. Sort of looking for a touring machine. The touring has alot of miles(10,500) spx has 3000. This guy has 2up seat with backrest on this spx, looks ok.
I can have the touring for $3300 can and the SPX for $3900 can. Touring has the xtra 12 suspension, elect start, deluxe backrest, etc. None of these options on SPX.
Really not sure which to pick, sort of afraid because of high milage on touring but its a cheaper machine. Need to make my decision ASAP before their gone.

What do you guys think about both these machines, which is better deal? Need as many opinions as possible.

Thanks Shawn

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
It all depends on the compression, track condition, studs, and all that, check the compression, and the track in the touring, if it's good get the touring.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Go for the spx dude 10500miles new seals bearings slides etc are gonna cost you more then 400.00 not including downtime ultimatly its your choice your the one who got live with it

·
Registered
864 Posts
Do you plan on running two up often?
Those tripple are reliable, but a 10K miles, I'd be having alooksee.
spx and a seat jack?, spx and a indy trail 2up seat?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts