Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on?
I need some opinions on clutch springs. I have a 03 Pro-x 8 121x1 (some I have, others on the way) studded, CPI twins, tempa-flow, 490 mains (CPI spec, have 480 as well) gutted air box, 10-66 weights, flow rites, & gears when I figure out what's best for top end). Right now I'm running black/green. I'd like to have good bottom end response but top end is what I'm really after. All help is greatly appreciated.

201051845917716_2812.jpg

Edit: The only suggestion I've received so far is red/blue secondary.

Attachments

·
Registered
807 Posts
There are no issues with the black green but the common upgrade is almond blue. Your biggest problem is likely the primary clutch used on your sled. It has the wide bearing in cover and this clutch is known for not achieving full shift- which is a huge efficiency issue. Check your clutch first before changing springs as follows.

1. Measure belt to clutch face gap, should be 10-20 thou, yours could be 65+

2. Remove belt and primary clutch cover

3. Install belt on primary only and close sheaves. Belt should go to top of sheaves, if it doesn't then changing springs or gearing is not going to help. Clutch would need to be shimmed to work well.

The ProX is a great sled but a top speed runner it is not mostly due to suspension design.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts