Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im a summer rider and have a 06 450r and a 01 cr250. i have been riding quads since i was three and am pretty natural on anything i get on. one of my friends have sleds and id barrow one to go on trips and stuff but i want my own this year.im selling the cr and will be using the money from that and a few paychecks to buy one so im looking at aroung 3k. but i dont know what to get since i dont fallow sleds closely, i could tell you almost anything about sport quads or dirtbikes, and im sure there are a few people on here that could help me out in that way. I do race quads and can jump and all that stuff and will be looking to do the same on the sled i choose, im not going to be doing 100ft double or anything but im gonna want to have fun. and on the other hand i want to make trips wheere ill be on trails and lakes and then see a snowbank and go and jump it. so what do you guys think i could get with that kinda money and what sudjestions do you have for me. sorry for the long post and all, oh yea and im partial to articat,and skidoo.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sounds like a polaris prox or mxzx 440 to me. I can point out sleds and have a general idea, but dont know the details of everyone. Pretty new here and its cuz I bought my first sled last weekend. But yea, Id say a 440 race sled would be a good buy.

IMO though, all sleds are pretty damn good buys sept for the handful that are high maintaince or just plan slugs for anything but straight speed on lakes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like a vmax 600. lol thats a lake machine. i kinda want something a little bigger than those like a 600 and like i said im not looking for a race sled cause i dont want to run high tes or be refueling every 30 miles on trips. im looking for an overal good sled thatll be fun on trips but i can still jump.how do you like the mxz670? and how much did you pay for that sled?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
do not buy a 440 race sled not a fun sled, i would say a good sled would be a mxzx 600, a prox 600, mxz 600 and a xcsp 600, i would go for a mxzx or prox because they are caterd towards people who like to jump.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I feel a 600 is more than enough of a sled for you, but 700 are always better[;)]. I ride the same as you, and just bought a 700 XCSP. with 3K you should be looking between 2000 and 2003. I would say that if you go Cat then look for one that has the Sno Pro package on it like an F6 Sno Pro and if you go Doo look for the X package lika a MXZX 600HO. Me personally I would find myself a 440 race sled and then hunt down a donor sled with the motor of choice and slap it in there ( I don't have the money and with 3K niether do you[;)])

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Sounds like you just described a ProX 600/700 or a F6. Great for jumping and playing in fields and they wont lag behind anything on a lake.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Pro-X 600-700 or ZR 600-700.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Damn, I was gonna say a prox 600 if not a 440. Ah well, posted quick before I went to bed last night.

Dunno on my ho yet cuz just got it and no snow. My uncles 670 is damn fast and way fun to ride. And has yet to have a problem going into its 10th year (97). And for how many times he's take stupid jumps with that thing and it hasnt broken, must be built pretty good. Not to mention shouldnt be to hard finding one for 3k or less. Got mine for 1850 and its a 99.

Been some random F5's and F6's on ebay for around 3k, just have to hope its close.

·
Registered
548 Posts
maybe an iq or a new but used phazer or pro x

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok guys thanks for the help. ill go throught the local digest and pick out a few im interesated in and post them up here and see if what you guys think i should get. i would love a f6 or f7 but i dont have the money for one of them, like i said i am going to have around 3.5k at max.

·
Registered
135 Posts
A ski doo MXZ or MXZX would be a great sled for you. Also think about polaris xc's. They are both around 3k. Here are some pics>>[attachment=49319][attachment=49320]

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
whats the difference between a ZL and a ZR. i found this sled local, and have a kid coming to look at my bike tomarrow so if he buys it ill probably go put a hold on it if its what im looking for. anyways heres the sled.

2003 ZL 600 EFI SS
studded, V-force 3 reeds, orig owner, mint cond, many extras, 2.6kmi, $3000

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
That would be a mint sled, I'd jump on it. Just give it thurough inspection in daylight and look in the tunnel and hear it run and stuff.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I really liked my 02 Pro X 440 racer but having more power now Id say go with a 600ish and you should be happy. I know from experience that the Pro X and the MXZ are solid machines (never owned cat or yami) and will take a few bumps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by mackinsaw
[br]That would be a mint sled, I'd jump on it. Just give it thurough inspection in daylight and look in the tunnel and hear it run and stuff.
im going to try the best i can. i have a kid coming to look at my bike today. but if nothing happens there im pretty well screwed since i only have 500 bucks and my truck needs new calipers which the truck comes first. but yea will the ZL be a good sled for me? i was looking for a ZR but none are in that price range.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
zr's are good sleds from what ive heard. but i would say get a pro-x 600 or 700 they can take the abuse and they still are trailable.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts