Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so, I need help from you guys with some stuff. I have an '05 rmk 800, it will let fuel through,and fill my pipes if I dont shut the gas off. It has the flat-slide carbs. So what the heck are they called I need to replace? Needle valves, that the slides slide on. And if so, what size? Also, I need hyfaxes, the dealer says he has them for $50 for the pair. That seems a little steep to me, but maybe I'm wrong. Not sure how long they need to be. 159" Track. I needed to ask you guys, cause I know some of you guys are freaking wizzes with the sleds! Thanks for any help, Fuzzman

·
Registered
271 Posts
My sled used to have the same problem, I had new needles and seats put in and that fixed it. As far as the hyfax goes, I have seen the high quality ones go for that much, but you can get them for way less if you shop around and don't need to have the highest quality.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
When your replacing your needle seat valves also check the floats...the float is what lets in more or less fuel to the carb=if the needle seat valve is good. If the needle seat valve is bad it wont block off the fuel from coming into the carb or wont let in enough if its not set right.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I get the hyfaxes with graphite in them, i have had very good luck with them lasting a lot longer. You pay a little more but well worth it in the end.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
srx_600 said:
I get the [highlight=plum]hyfaxes with graphite[/highlight=plum] in them, i have had very good luck with them lasting a lot longer. You pay a little more but well worth it in the end.
I know someone who tried those, they were stronger than the clips so they wore through the clips.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
kingofkings said:
srx_600 said:
I get the [highlight=plum]hyfaxes with graphite[/highlight=plum] in them, i have had very good luck with them lasting a lot longer. You pay a little more but well worth it in the end.
I know someone who tried those, they were stronger than the clips so they wore through the clips.
Those must have been some cheap clips, graphite acts as a dry lube so thats why it makes everything wear slower.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
ArcticCatZR800 said:
kingofkings said:
srx_600 said:
Those must have been some cheap clips, graphite acts as a dry lube so thats why it makes everything wear slower.
Those must have been some very cheap clips, i havent had any problems with mine and have 3000 miles on the graphite hyfaxes. You can get them at denniskirk.com and just cut them down to size.

·
Registered
632 Posts
just get the hyfax for your sled, and compare them with the ones you take out and cut them to the same length. Dont forget about the bolt at the front of them! Take out the bolt and then use a hammer and old screwdriver or scrap peice of rod to tap out the old ones. If you take the belt off it helps a little when you can rotate the track to keep a window open for access.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I have also heard that natural(white) hyfax also last a little longer because they didn't have to dye it. I got white because I liked the color, but hey if it last longer yay for me. My next sled might get graphite slides though.

·
Registered
718 Posts
the original white ones do last a long time. my bro's prox 550 didn't have to change the slides, ever..too bad that engine didn't last as long.

·
Registered
99 Posts
50 bucks isnt bad but as far as length goes you can tell them your tracks length but most hyfax come one length and have to be cut to fit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts