Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

Can someone measure up the distance from the back flat edge on the drive shaft to the front suspension mounting hole, and then the distance between mounting holes?? I measured an '03 in the showroom today, but would like a 2nd measurement for reassurance.

I got 8.5" from the back edge of the drive shaft to the front hole, and then 24.25" between holes. Thanks alot, I appreciate it. The EDGE rear skid will be here tomorrow...

·
Registered
777 Posts
heres the measurements,from a 01 edge,,,,from the driveshaft centerline to front mount hole is 9 ' toward the rear measured parrallel to top of tunnel and 6' down...rear mtg hole is 33" toward rear and 7 1/8 down..you will need to make or but new rear brackets.originals won,t work.brakets of a 00 sks work,or anything flat because you need the clearance for the tsl.the mount will end up below the tunnel
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
_________ or this way,both work_____________
It doesn't matter what skid you get, just be aware that the mounting location can vary slightly depending on which one.

There are basically 4 different Edge Skids.

1) The standard Edge skid that comes in 90% of the showroom floor sleds. There are different shocks in them depending on the model it came out of, but they are basically all the same.

2) 2001 PROX had TSL links on both arms.

3) 2002 and up PROX had TSL only on the rear, but the front arm is longer.

4) 1999 xcr 440 sp had coil over shocks and no torsion springs. This is my favorite as the spring rate combos are endless.

Currently I have a 99 xcr440sp with the coil over, 2001 PROX 600 with double TSL, and my '98 XC700 with a standard Edge skid out of a 2001 XC800.

You will most likely get a standard, as they are the easiest to find.

The procedure for a standard edge skid into an XC-10 (1998 and up) chassis (wedge or GEN II) is as follows.

NOTE: The '01 PROX skid with double TSL mounts in the same location as a standard EDGE skid.

FRONT:

The front suspension mount will slide forward exactly 3''.

Mark its current position, drill rivets, slide forward 3'', and drill/rivet into new position.
To do this, you will need to drill out some of the Foot Well rivets. just re-rivet through all three layers.

REAR:

For the rear, you want the hole forward 2'' (to be exact it's 2 1/4'', but the 1/4 is no big deal) .

I use StartingLine's part #32-411. http://www.slp.cc/Polaris_Catalog/suspbracket1.html to give myself two optional mount holes.

I move the stock bracket as described above, then bolt the SLP bracket upper hole through the stock hole, and rivet it all together.

The order is: Tunnel:Stock Bracket:SLP Bracket The SLP Bracket is closest to the skid.

The SLP bracket will place the lower hole just under the running board.

This does two things.

1) It keeps the TSL link from rubbing the support ribs on the stock bracket

2) It allows you to drop the rear of the skid to run tracks bigger than 1''

-Tracks 1'' and under - upper hole
-Tracks 1.25'' and up - lower hole

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much sir, that info is exactly what I needed. With the SLP brackets, does this get the suspension low enough so that the skid and track doesn't hit the tunnel??

I'm hoping the EDGE will be just the ticket, it must be a huge upgrade from the XTRA 10.

My project is the EDGE skid out of an '02 XC800 into my '98 XC. Thanks again.

·
Registered
777 Posts
`i run the 1 1/4 track,i also used rear tunnel mounts from a 00 sks.i running the mounts in the lower hole for clearance at the rear edge of tunnel when tail landing hard,(looks Great also}
this is in a gen 2.skid is out of a 02 600 xc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts