Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, im new here, i'm from Québec/Canada.
I want to buy a sled and i have two choice right now, wich one is better you think:

1) 1998 mxz 670 with an track/tunnel extension to 136", 6300 km
great condition, very clean

2) 1998 Zrt 600, with 1700 miles, and like new condition.

Need your help to doo a good choice!
thanks

Mario from Québec

·
Registered
88 Posts
beware of those extensions,seen them break ! all i know is i love my zrt!! smooth and you gotta love the power,oh that power!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, thats what im thinking about extension, and 4000$ canadian ( 2,533 us) for the Zrt it is a good deal?

the mxz is 3500$ (2,216 $ us)

;O)

Mario

·
Registered
837 Posts
i have heard if you land on them hard they can break, if you land fral ot would be ok but if you ever land on the rear wheels hard it can be a problem, butif you just want a trail sled it would be nicew with the longer track

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
If the ZRT is in good shape that sounds like a decent deal. I would choose the ZRT, but I am partial to triples.

NO FOREST FAIRIES(SKIERs)
BURN GAS SLEDS KICK AZZ!

TRIPLE-THE ONLY CHOICE!!!!!
'00 Indy Triumph
'93 XLT 580
'78 Arctic Cat Jag 3000

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I know you didnt ask but IMO niether. Remember everyone this is not a brand bash it is an opinion. The skidoo problem is the extension and the ZRT is an ugly sled. Did you look at any polaris in that size and price range the XCR700 will out perform both and is better looking than the cat.

Go get a new sled for your spouse.....It will be a fair trade :)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I think I would lean towards the mxz but it does have alot of miles on it. And I'm not really a cat guy.

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I've driven both a Zirt 600 and MXZ 670 and i liked them both for different things. I loved the arm stretching smooth power (and the sound) of the ZRT on the lakes and trials, and i liked the quickness and agility of the MXZ when pounding the rough trails and ditches.
Considering the 670 has so many miles and the extensions, i think i would choose the ZRT 600.
That's just my opinion.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I havent rode a ZRT but I know how the SKI_DOO run and thats good. I dont own one of them but I ride my buddies offen and it is tuned but Im sure the one that your looking at is powerful and can take alot of beating. The 670 have alot of add on's and parts arent that bad to find so in my opion I would go with a MXZ

Justin Jarmus

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hey Wario, I have a 97 zrt, 6000 miles no problems but a water bump leak. No big deal. Lots of power, [enough to keep up to any xc 700. Sorry Hotrod.] Handles good, fox shocks are great. I'll be sad to see it go, just traded it today on ZR900.

"tie wrap it wide open"

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks a lot guy,
my choice is clear my blood is green now!!

[green]Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!![/green]

The cat goes home!

;O)
mario

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Pick the ZRT. My 1996 ZRT 600 (with a clutching problem, it was starting off in second gear) ran 105 MPH, but fixed (with a black magic helix) runs about 115 MPH.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
ZRT
ZRT
ZRT
ZRT

If it ain't broke,
change stuff till it is.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good choice (between the two anyway) I hope you will be happy. At least it is a triple. I should have mentioned earlier that I have found cats to be a little more expensive to run. You will find out the fist time you need a drive belt from the dealer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts