Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been out of the sport for a while. My last sled was a 96 xcr600 that I loved. Anyway I am back in the market for a sled and these are the two that I have found. I am looking for a good ditch banger and something that can take abuse. Also be able to rip through some powder now and then.

1) 2004 Pro X2 in Mint shape 1800 miles. Has C&A XT ski's , vforce 3 reeds, air horns, performance intake, diamond plate skid plate, studded, clutched. The guy that owned this was meticulous and it really is mint shape. One thing I was wondering. He said the polairis dealer did all the work and said he did not have to rejet from stock??? Does this seem right with these light mods? I can pick this up for 3,000

2) 2004 Pro X also MINT with 600 miles. Bone stock. Nothing esle to say about this one. I can pick this one up for $2500.

What do you guys think.. ?? I dont have pics of the pro x right now ,but here are a few of the X2
2010930181653671_33671.jpg
2010930181659781_33671.jpg

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
The 2004 Pro-X with 600 miles is a deal! I picked my 04 Pro-X 600 up two years ago for $2,400 with 1,900 miles on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I went with the Pro X for $2500. The X2 was a sweet sled, but the Pro X only has 600 miles and is bone stock for $500 less. People with the pro x chime and and let me know what they think of these sleds. Also what would you suggest for a few mods?

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
ProX 2 would be my choice. Of course I owned one and loved it for 7000 miles. I did install a 136" track kit on mine as I am on the large side and thought I needed the flotation in the deeper snow. I never had any major problems with any thing except normal wear items and servicing the shocks each year.

J.L.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
good sled you bought, but the x2 would have been a far better choice.
the x2 was only $500 more and was a better sled to begin with.
youre already asking about modding the pro x. youre gonna have 500 into it to make it decent, depending on what all you want to do. the x2 was already done.
and this is only MY personal belief.
low miles means nothing to me other then, something very well coulda been wrong with it. high miles means its been a good sled and any major motor problems have been dealt with. its just like peole used to think that buying a car from a 85 year old lady with super low miles is the best deal when in reality, its worse because parts have just been sitting and rotting.

·
Registered
48 Posts
thay are like the same but the shocks and colors. ive had the 04 prox and it was fun but i like my new prox2 better then my old prox. the x2 looks cooler but both are a steal and what ever u get will be a upgrade from what u last had

·
Registered
718 Posts
should have gone with the X2, better shock package and a few mods to go with it. but still, you got a pro x nice find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shady800x said:
should have gone with the X2, better shock package and a few mods to go with it. but still, you got a pro x nice find.
Yeah I just couldn't decide. And the x2 was 3 hrs away and the x was 20 min. From the research I did though, I heard the walker evans aren't all they are cracked up to be and some prefer the ryde fx's. And I didn't want to get that sled and rebuild all the shocks as they have never been done. I'll try out this pro x and if I don't like it, I'm sure I can get my money back and find something else

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok guys so the lady with the pro x backed out of the deal and Ive been searching for another one for a while. I found a Pro x2 600 with just under 1000 miles(original owner guy didnt use it much), always kept inside. Says its like new. Totally stock. Track has 96 down middle. comes with cover $3100 sounds reasonable?? Could shock need rebuild with this low mi???

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
try to get him to 2500-2800 dollars and itll be a good find

1 - 12 of 12 Posts