Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy has a 2007 polaris dragon 700 its not the rmk now it fowls plugs like crazy actually 27 and counting it only fowls them if u let it idle to warm up the only way it doesnt fowls plugs if u start it and dont let it warm up what could this be??? we call Polaris and they said they dont no whats causing this to happend so i hopping u guys can help me out

·
Registered
252 Posts
Take it back let them fix it,it is still under warranty
I wouldn't mess with it cause if you really [email protected]#$ it up they might not cover the warranty.
JMO

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yah its still under warrenty but i dont want them to work on it since they have kids that probably dont iving no what a oil pump is?

·
Registered
112 Posts
take it back to the dealer, like RMKer said if you try to fix it your self and really screw it up they might not cover it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just a shot in the dark here, but my buddy bought a new F-1 Cat, and he had the same problem, but not that many plugs, LOL. He brought it back to the dealership and they told him, I quote, "It's programmed to run rich, until a certain mileage". He brought it out to one of our local lakes every weekend, taking it easy on it. Now it's fine. Oh, and if anyone wants to know, he hit 115 MPH on the gun, two different weekends, and he already blew a belt. But anyways, maybe call polaris tech hotline and ask them, you never know.......

·
Registered
56 Posts
Take it to the dealer. I have a 700 dragon and it has not fouled a plug in the first 600 miles. Problem must be sensor/black box related. Mine is not a RMK.
I was told do not attempt to run the machine until it has warmed up as it will foul a plug as the FI is very rich when cold.

·
Registered
40 Posts
how do you guys like the new dragon? does she rip?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Kinda funny that you posted this thread. I have had similar experience with my Dragon RMK. It seems to be that mine will fowl only when i am not on the throttle it seems to load up when idling to long and or puttin around at low speeds. Have heard that the setting of the oil pump is critical and that some dealers may not have set it up correctly? I am gonna ride sunday and if it does it again i will probably take it in to see what the deal is.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
there is some computer chip replacement thing comeing for those

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was riding with one of those not that long ago. Also on the ride was a Polaris Tech who said to bring it in for a computer flash. Might not be a bad idea to ask the dealership to try eh?

·
Registered
343 Posts
i have had mine at the dealer a few times, they set the oil pump and not they are just waiting on polaris because nobody know. they are going too put a new ECU on mine next week and try that. u gotta keep putting plugs in until its warmed up then they are good, atleast mine is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts