Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Need Help, Overheating?

809 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  92JagJr 
#1 ·
Well the other day i was riding around the yard, i rode for maby 5 min, then i went inside and came back out. When i came back out my sled was boggin realy bad. I did a couple laps and my temp light popped on. I stopped and shut er' down. The mag side was a whole lot warmer than the PTT. What is goin on>?

[B)]Help!!![B)]

#2 ·
If your engine runs, warm it up a bit, and then touch all the coolant hoses to see if they are warm, if not then your water pump is not working properly. However if your one cylinder is warmer than the other, it may be Fried. Take your exhaust manifold off and inspect the pistons.

[red]ADD:[/red]A compression check would be good too.

#5 ·
Bleed the system, perhaps you have air in there and not enough coolant. My friend's ZL440 did that to me Friday, light would come on when I was riding but off at idling. Low on coolant he was.

#6 ·
Originally posted by 92JagJr
[br]well i know the compression is good, its 125-140 in each, how would a thermostat housing make it do that?
The housing isn't the problem, it is the thermostat. If it is stuck shut it impedes the flow of coolant. This item is usually replaced under routine maintenance I believe, might be a good place to start and its easy to do.

Also try the air purging as well. Elevate the front of the sled burp it and then shut it off and do it again with the rear elevated. Then switch back and elevate the front again and do it one last time.

I am by no means an expert, this is just what I have learned working on mine.

Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.